UKC

Mad Rock Mugen Tech

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Swirly 18 May 2010
Going to grab a pair of these as my original white pair of mugens (before they looked like someone attacked them with a paint gun) should have been replaced about 18 months ago. From reviews they seem similar, which is good as they were the best pair of rock shoes I've ever owned, however, the upper is now made from pre-stretched leather rather than being synthetic.

So, will pre-stretched leather stretch further? If so, how much by?

My old pair are an 11 and almost felt too big the first time I used them, however, they didn't stretch at all. I know I should go into a shop and try them on but I'd like them for this weekend and not many places sell them. Also of all the pairs I've bought over the years two have been any good: some pink anis that killed for the first month or so and the old mugens that felt almost too big, every other pair (and there's been loads) has felt fine in the shop and then been crap in the real world.
OP Swirly 19 May 2010
In reply to Swirly: *bump*
M0nkey 19 May 2010
In reply to Swirly: don't bother swirly, they're guff. i bought a pair as i quite liked the white ones, but these are nothing like them. They are really flat and no-where near as aggressive a design as the original mugen (which wasn't even the most aggressive boot in the first place).

If you really want a pair, i felt mine were roomier than the mugen, and stretched about 1/2 a size.

seriously though. don't buy them.
OP Swirly 19 May 2010
In reply to M0nkey: Yeah I just spoke to the guys at Rock + Run and they said they're a completely different fit. Wish I'd bought 5 pairs of the white ones when they were £30 a pop. Guess I'll have to go to a shop after all.
 @ndyM@rsh@ll 19 May 2010
In reply to Swirly: Out of interest, what were the other pairs you'd tried over the years?
OP Swirly 19 May 2010
In reply to @ndyM@rsh@ll: Boreal Ninjas and Jokers, the Jokers kind of fitted but were always a bit sloppy. Another pair of pink anis the same size as the first ones I had but I just couldn't get them comfy and gave up after two months trying. Another pair of mad rocks don't know the name but they were grey lace ups and crap. Scarpa Dominators: too wide and Paranoias: too aggressive. There have been quite a few other pairs that I've tried on but just didn't fit at all.

Tbh I'm not after anything super tech, just something I can wear all day on multipitch VS-E1 and single pitch to E3 that fits my feet: long and narrow with really high arches. Also a fairly soft shoe as I tend to smear a lot.
 lithos 19 May 2010
In reply to Swirly:

I have a pair of the whiet ones - it good nick, bit worn but not terrible

i think size 10 if you are interested
OP Swirly 19 May 2010
In reply to lithos: thanks but probably a bit too small: mine are 11s.
 @ndyM@rsh@ll 19 May 2010
In reply to Swirly: Have you tried la sportiva katanas?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...