UKC

PRODUCT NEWS: The Puma: DMM's First Female Specific Harness

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 19 May 2010
[DMM Puma Harness #1, 3 kb]The Puma offers similar styling and features to the popular unisex DMM Renegade harness, but with some very subtle changes in sizing and ratios of dimensions to ensure the best possible female fit.

A great deal of effort has gone into getting the sizing, waist-belt shape and rise (crotch to waist distance) configured specifically to suit the female anatomy. This is because quite often the rise between women's leg loops and the waist belt is longer. We’ve had the ladies at DMM, local female climbers and sponsored women climbers involved throughout the design process.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=2717

Tall Clare 19 May 2010
In reply to UKC Gear:

Hmm - looks good, but I've just had a look at the article, and the DMM product page, and I can't see a picture of the back of the harness to see how wide the waist belt is at the back, which is something I'm interested in.
Simon Marsh 21 May 2010
In reply to Tall Clare:

Clare,

The Puma waist is 8.8cm at its widest point in the small of the back. It tapers to 5.8cm at the sides to allow for greater freedom of movement.

I hope that helps

Simon

DMM
 Tall Clare 23 May 2010
In reply to Simon Marsh and Mick:

thank you - very useful!
 LastBoyScout 23 May 2010
In reply to UKC Gear:
>PRODUCT NEWS: The Puma: DMM's First Female Specific Harness

That's rubbish - they bought out the Electra about 10 years ago, which was the ladies version of the Zeus.
murdster 23 May 2010
In reply to LastBoyScout:

> That's rubbish - they bought out the Electra about 10 years ago, which was the ladies version of the Zeus.

Very true. I remember the Zeus had lots of gold thread that just seemed to fall out and made it the least robust harness ever made.
 Michael Ryan 23 May 2010
> (In reply to UKC Gear)
> >PRODUCT NEWS: The Puma: DMM's First Female Specific Harness
>
> That's rubbish - they bought out the Electra about 10 years ago, which was the ladies version of the Zeus.

On DMM website as in the UKC Product News.

"The Puma, DMM's first female specific climbing harness, has similar styling and features as the popular unisex Renegade harness, but it has some very subtle changes in sizing and ratios of dimensions to ensure the best possible female fit."

http://www.dmmclimbing.com/productsDetails.asp?pid=7&pid2=242

stewieatb 23 May 2010
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

Mick, after the "Indian Face" article, you of all people should know that writing something on the internet doesn't make it true.
 TobyA 23 May 2010
In reply to Tall Clare: Clare, if you are thinking of getting one, and it's basically a well fitting women's version of the Renegade - I'd say go for it! The Renegade is really an excellent piece of kit - mine is just great. See the review I wrote for UKC http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=1333 but still two years on I think it is great.
 Michael Ryan 23 May 2010
In reply to stewieatb:

It doesn't have to be on the 'internet'.

I'm sure Simon will clear it up.
 TobyA 23 May 2010

It's more than ten years ago because I remember selling them when I worked in Leeds Nevisport and that was 1999 and I think they had been around a few years then. I feel old...

LastBoyScout 23 May 2010
In reply to TobyA:

Yeah - should have put "at least" in there!

My Zeus was my second harness and I loved it - gold trim and everything! Still got it somewhere in a cupboard.
 BelleVedere 23 May 2010
In reply to UKC Gear:

does it come in green?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...