UKC

NEWS: UKC User Survey - £1000 in prizes!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 26 May 2010
[UKC User Survey, 6 kb]Help UKC improve by filling out our extensive User Survey and stand a chance of winning 1 of 24 great prizes.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=53685
 MJH 26 May 2010
In reply to UKC News: If no data is collected to connect user profile/email address how does the entry to the prize draw work?!?
 Tom_Harding 26 May 2010
In reply to MJH: yes very good point....
In reply to MJH:

Your User Profile is marked with a field showing how many questions you answered. We can't connect that to a set of answers though.

The draw will be made by random selection from those who have completed the survey by using this field in the Profile. The draw will be made in July.

Thanks to everyone who does fill this out, it is really helpful to us.

Alan
 MJH 26 May 2010
In reply to Alan James - UKC: Clever! Thanks for clarifying Alan. I was just worried that I might miss out on the prize draw!
 crombie 26 May 2010
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC: well that was relatively painless, what do I win
In reply to digby:

now added

Alan
 lithos 26 May 2010
In reply to Coel Hellier:

yeah wot he said (i'd be several a year)

fav shops - internet or real ?

also no mention of infinity ropes (and they advertise on here)
In reply to lithos:

Infinity Ropes no longer trade.

fav shops is exactly that - Internet OR real

Alan
 lithos 26 May 2010
In reply to Alan James - UKC:

fair enough - nice ropes though
In reply to UKC News:

I just completed your survey but never completed the section on salary as I believe this to be too personnel.

Does that mean I can't win a prize as I have not answered all the questions?

SDB
 thin bob 26 May 2010
In reply to ShinyDiscoBalls: think it's 80% completed to enter draw. It's a nice thing to do.
In reply to ShinyDiscoBalls: but if they collect no personal information what does it matter how much you earn. In relation to the types of climbing trips you take, travel, accommodation, brands you buy, etc etc it'll be quite interesting to relate those to your annual salary?

At the end i had a message:

"You ip, user profile or email has not been recorded in this survey"

then how do they know who to giv the prize to?
Tom
 Tall Clare 26 May 2010
In reply to UKC News:

have just completed it. The 'how many brands of gear do you own' question was interesting - I hadn't realised just what a broad range I'd accumulated over.
 Tall Clare 26 May 2010
In reply to El3ctroFuzz:

it's explained above.
 Tony & Sarah 26 May 2010
In reply to UKC News: no CCH Alien's
 leon 26 May 2010
I submitted early by mistake, went back, answered all the questions, got told I'd already submitted. Guess all the extra info I entered got lost?
Profanisaurus Rex 26 May 2010
In reply to Tall Clare:
> (In reply to UKC News)
>
> have just completed it. The 'how many brands of gear do you own' question was interesting - I hadn't realised just what a broad range I'd accumulated over.

Yeah, bit of an eye-opener, that, especially once I started thinking about mountaineering, ice-climbing and camping gear as well as rock gear...
 elsewhere 26 May 2010
Didn't seem to be an option for midweek climbing a couple of times per week.
In reply to UKC News:

The climbing clubs question should have an "other" box (either a text box or a tick box). I'm a member of a national club which isn't listed, meaning you've not had an accurate answer to the question.
 winhill 27 May 2010
In reply to ShinyDiscoBalls:
> (In reply to UKC News)
>
> I just completed your survey but never completed the section on salary as I believe this to be too personnel.

There's no requirement to enter your real salary and there may be some benefit to UKC if the impression was created that most climbers earn £120K per annum and spend all their disposable on new gear.
1048 surveys returned so far - a fantastic response.

Some interesting stats so far.

Great stuff! Thanks very much and keep them coming. The information is really helpful to us.

Alan
 jkarran 27 May 2010
In reply to UKC News:

No Beastmaker or CCH option in the gear bit. Otherwise, nice easy survey to fill out.
jk
 Wile E. Coyote 27 May 2010
> 1048 surveys returned so far - a fantastic response.
>
> Some interesting stats so far.
>
> Great stuff! Thanks very much and keep them coming. The information is really helpful to us.
>
> Alan

Alan,

Will the stats be shared with the rest of us at some point?

Gary
In reply to Wile E. Coyote:
> Will the stats be shared with the rest of us at some point?

We'll certainly produce a report with edited highlights in it including the most interesting stats.

Alan
 trouserburp 27 May 2010

Outdoors toproping was missing (if it counts as climbing)
 Doug 27 May 2010
In reply to dodger421:
> (In reply to UKC News)
>
> The climbing clubs question should have an "other" box (either a text box or a tick box). I'm a member of a national club which isn't listed, meaning you've not had an accurate answer to the question.

Likewise, I'm a member of the French Alpine Club, but can't record that so ended up not completing that section as I am a member of a club, just that they are not on the list
brian cropper 28 May 2010
In reply to ShinyDiscoBalls: its all too personnel
 Sandrine 29 May 2010
In reply to UKC News:

There is no mention of CamptoCamp in the list of climbing websites visited.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...