UKC

THE LOWDOWN: Paul Robinson interview

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
[The LowDown: Paul Robinson interview, 3 kb]A few days ago, Paul Robinson made the FA of what used to be the Rasta man vibration sit-project at the Buttermilks, Bishop. It had been a project of Paul's for years and he decided to give what is now Lucid dreaming the whopping grade of 8C+.How do you feel now afterwards? Empty or even more...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=54485

Some of these replies were posted on Björn's old blog website, and so won't be from registered UKC users
Marc Germani 05 Apr 2010
really nice article Björn.

Paul might want to check out Lebanon in the future, we have lots of potential of hard short routes, and boudlers. Check my blog
Daniel Bähring 05 Apr 2010
Always an inspiration, Paul. Way to go!
Anonymous 05 Apr 2010
HEy Paul,
Can you just say if it a real Sit Start or a crouch start or a 3 pad sit etc. I have seen so many people cheat the first moves of an existing problem , I would hate to see that here on the 2nd ascent. So just to be clear, wht is the start??
Anonymous 06 Apr 2010
The great thing about this blog is that I never have to visit 8a again. I get all the news I need right here. Thanks!
- Joseph
Paul 06 Apr 2010
@anon. The boulder problem is a full sit start. Thanks for asking me that to clear up any lack of previous communication.
Paul 06 Apr 2010
oh... and it is a 1 pad normal sit start.
Anonymous 06 Apr 2010
What's up with the fact that this guy Charlie Brendsen claims to have climbed the problem way back, grading it the same as Mandala sit? Is that a differant variation, a lie, a misunderstanding or the best kept secret in the climbing community...?
Anonymous 07 Apr 2010
If he was a strong boulderer from south africa he would have done something at rocklands. I'd say fake.
RandomYoungClimber 14 Apr 2010
You should go to fontainebleau and try stuff like karma sit start and imothep sit start ... wait, those aren't even pretty.

Well anyways, great job.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...