UKC

THE LOWDOWN: Rastaman vibration sit is done! 8C+!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
[The LowDown: Rastaman vibration sit is done! 8C+!, 3 kb]It's completed!Bishop bouldering reports, Paul Robinson completed Rastaman vibration sitstart, his long standing project just left of Evilution, on the Grandpa Peabody Boulder. Describing it as the hardest thing he's ever done before by far, Paul has suggested 8C+ for it.I'll try to get in touch...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=54496

Some of these replies were posted on Björn's old blog website, and so won't be from registered UKC users
Anonymous 31 Mar 2010
A man named Charlie Brendsen lists having done this in his scorecard. Is he real? ClimbingNarc seems to think so. The only mention of him I can find is on a South African climbing forum, where no one has heard of him. At any rate, if he did do the sit, he never topped out the problem, which would make Robinson's ascent the first complete one.
Regan - New Zealand 31 Mar 2010
This is interesting.. Charlie put down his FA as 8b as well (in 2004!) Same grade as he thought Mandala sds was.

And he has listed a FA of an 8b+ at Flock Hill (Near castle Hill, NZ) that I've never heard about. Will try and find out from the locals if anyone remembers him...
Anonymous 31 Mar 2010
Was Paul roped in on this send?
Narc 31 Mar 2010
@Anonymous #1: Where does it say that ClimbingNarc thinks so??
Cannud 31 Mar 2010
@ Narc: Brendsen is listed as having repeated Mandala Sit under 'Hard, Unrepeated American Boulders'. I figured that you wouldn't have included him if you knew he was fake. This fact made him seem legitimate, which is why I posted the question in the first place.
Narc 31 Mar 2010
Gotcha. Good point. I have no reason to suspect he is fake other than that is what a few people told me. His inclusion on this list is by no means a 100% verification in either direction. I think I saw his name on the 8a database list of people having done Mandala SDS so that's why I put his name on the list. I didn't really remember that he might not be real. So in summary I have no idea really what his story is...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...