UKC

THE LOWDOWN: Hardest boulder problems in the world?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
The wording got a bit confusing in the post about Daniel Woods' recently opened The Game, 8C+, at Boulder canyon. I said that the only other problem I could think of that could compare is John Gaskins' Shadow play. I got a couple of emails about that... What I meant was NOT that there aren't other...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=54549

Some of these replies were posted on Björn's old blog website, and so won't be from registered UKC users
David 16 Feb 2010
Hi Bjorn, I have to be onest, your discussion on whether The game is the hardest B. problem in the world really reminds me to Jens(8a)debates. with polls, scientific measurements on the size of the holds, number of moves etc. Therefore rather uncool. please dont fall in the same trap or soon you are going to be bold too.
Björn 16 Feb 2010
Hi David,
sorry you feel that way. I don't think you need to to worry however. I'm not discussing whether The Game is the hardest boulder or not, cause there's no way of knowing. I'm just saying it's short compared to most other problems with a comparable grade. The title of the post is not referring to any particular problem. Come to think of it, I should change it.
Biffo 16 Feb 2010
Gonna have to disagree with David on this one -- perfectly reasonable posts.

I agree with your impression that this problem may be in a rare class. Pretty cool.
Anonymous 16 Feb 2010
As a reference point, has "In search of Time Lost" seen any near repeats? That's been up for over 2 years now and very Dan's style, straight on way steep power climbing, and available to many of the active boulderers claiming the highest grades, so it could serve as a metric device of sorts. Where is "Livin Large" also in all this talk about worlds hardest? Seems like a real legit contender to me, and looks like one of the best lines in the world. I'm psyched for Dan, he's the real deal.
Anonymous 16 Feb 2010
It is actually the video title that suggests that the game may be the hardest in the world, not Bjorn.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...