UKC

THE LOWDOWN: Bollinger at Raven Tor

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Here's a video from Escalade-Alsace with Pierre Bollinger climbing Jerry Moffat's super classic Revelations, 8b (originally 8a+, but the start holds have deteriorated somewhat), and making the 2nd ascent of Rubert Davies' Seraphim, 8b+, two years after the FA.Pierre Bollinger at Raven Tor from...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=54560

Some of these replies were posted on Björn's old blog website, and so won't be from registered UKC users
Anonymous 09 Feb 2010
THAT'S RAVEN TOR? Are you serious? An 8 meter tall slab? Moffat named his bio after a route with 12 handholds?
Anonymous 09 Feb 2010
that's THE WORST soundtrack I've ever heard...
Anonymous 10 Feb 2010
Thank you SO much for this video of Pierre on Revelations! Watching Pierre struggling(?) on the route, imagine doing it free solo. This really puts Antoine Le Menestrel's ascent (some 25 years ago!) in to perspective...
(and all climbers should read Jerry's book. It's obviously about more than "12 handholds").
Anonymous 10 Feb 2010
looks chipped...
Anonymous 10 Feb 2010
i meant the crimp from the begining of the movie is definetely chipped...is that from moffat`s famous route?
Anonymous 11 Feb 2010
"that's THE WORST soundtrack I've ever heard..."

Say you "don't like it" : the choise makes definitely no consensus !
;p
Rupert Davies 11 Feb 2010
There are a few (3-4) chipped holds at the Tor, but that's not one of them. The chipped holds are on one or two of the older routes (ie. Body Machine, a classic 7c/+ from the early 80s). There are no chipped holds on Revelations as far as I know.

The crag has a tall central section that tails off to a lower section on the right. Most of the routes on this video are on the lower section (8-10m or so max), but there are many longer routes up to about 35 metres.

Anyway, the Tor has never been about stunning rock and lines. It's about climbing historic routes and doing good moves on dirty holds.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...