UKC

THE LOWDOWN: TheLowDown 1 year, Google beware!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Today it's one year since I started this blog. I wasn't really sure why at the time, and I guess that's not unusual in any way. Many times, we don't see the whole picture until afterwards. I'm still not sure though, and maybe it's not important, but I suppose I wanted to create an alternative...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=54653

Some of these replies were posted on Björn's old blog website, and so won't be from registered UKC users
Chri 19 Nov 2009
Thank you Björn for creating a refreshing blog that keeps me in touch with what is happening in climbing right now. I have to say that if some of your standards found themselves transfered to 8a.nu, I would not mind. I don´t know if you were asking for this sort of an opinion exactly since you´re part of 8a.nu as well but for some reason you succeed in striking a balance that 8a.nu has lost to some extend. You´re numbers and grades as well. It´s just that they seem to be less important on a larger scale...no that overpoweringly dominant, maybe. Keep up this AWESOME blog!
Thanks Chri!
When it comes to 8a.nu, I'm not part of that anymore. Haven't been for quite some time.
jurriaan 19 Nov 2009
Excellent blog which has become the first place for me to check for world climbing news. Keep up the good work!
Anonymous 19 Nov 2009
This a great climbing blog and one i check out every day ! nice that its not just numbers. Be cool to add more links to training articles etc. Good job keep it going !! ... matt from the uk, yorkshire (gritstone land)
Kakis 19 Nov 2009
I agree with jurriaan. This is the first place for me too to check for world climbing news! A good runner up is Climbing Narc's excellent blog.
Harald 19 Nov 2009
Happy birthday to TheLowDown! And thank you Björn for bringing it to us. It has been a good and refreshing year for all us who want to keep up with the news of the climbing world without getting fed with all kinds of farfetched theories, unscientific analysis and strange "facts" along with it...

Keep up the good work!
Harald 19 Nov 2009
Together witk Kairn.com, UKclimbing.com and Planetmountain.com, TheLowDown is the place to check for international climbing news. Keep up the good work!
Anonymous 19 Nov 2009
my favourite climbing blog - definately!
Anonymous 19 Nov 2009
Keep up the good work!
You are definitely the n°1 international climbing website (:P). More seriously, thank you for the incredibly consistent, never paternalistic, always accurate and at times displayed with a subtle touch of sarcasm, pieces of news you have been bringing for a year.

All in all happy birthday and long live the Low Down .
Joe 19 Nov 2009
You are far better than any of the climbing mags, thanks for your work!
Anonymous 19 Nov 2009
Thanks Björn! I like the humor in your writing!
Narc 19 Nov 2009
Congrats!
Anonymous 19 Nov 2009
Great climbing blog, the best for sure,keep up the good work
eb 19 Nov 2009
Don't change anything Björn, and I'll keep reading you everyday
fustaki 19 Nov 2009
Hi Björn, here is escalibur.eu, thank you very much for your work; your posts are always full of details and media and I'm glad to feed the news section with links to your site.
Daniel 20 Nov 2009
Good work with this blog DD.
It's really good and interesting, makes the workingdays little easier.
Anonymous 20 Nov 2009
Thanks for that great blog. It'll become my number 1 climbing news site. 8a.nu is just too mind-wrenching to read, I can't stand it anymore...

Keep it up!

Daniel

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...