UKC

THE LOWDOWN: Ondra repeats Xaxid Hostel, 9a/+

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
[The LowDown: Ondra repeats Xaxid Hostel, 9a/+, 3 kb]Adam Ondra has repeated Tomás Mrázek's Xaxid Hostel at Misja Pec, needing three tries, plus the three he used for Ekstaza, ~8c+,(the last 25 m are the same) two years ago. Adam thinks the route is hard 9a rather than 9a+, so I guess a slash grade would be best until it has seen more repeats.Photo: ...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=54654

Some of these replies were posted on Björn's old blog website, and so won't be from registered UKC users
Anonymous 19 Nov 2009
Once again you are stealing the 8a news, without giving reference to them. You are even using the comments Adam wrote on his scorecard
Well, what can I say? What goes around commes around... Of course one should give credit to the source, and this is actually something I take quite seriously (with the occassional unintentional slip), but sometimes I get kind of fed up. I think you all know what I'm talking about. Besides, I know for a fact that the news appeared first here, although I did find it in Adam's scorecard.
Linkan 19 Nov 2009
Keep up the good work Björn!

You are running the best and most interesting "news-blogg" about climbing right now!
MoscowMule 19 Nov 2009
What the hell... Is this a race? News are news and I guess Bjorn won't be payed for being the first or second one in posting some news. So, anonymous and Linkan too, go do what you like, read what you love best, and don't bother with such useless question like "who was first, or who's the best and most interesting". Why you all ever need to compare to something else?!

Tita
Linkan 19 Nov 2009
Oh, sorry about that, I see now that I was way out of line with my comment
chris 19 Nov 2009
Sorry, having an own website I can tell you that it is good etiquette to mention the source. This is a minimum for good journalism.

Nevertheless, I second the comment, that we can find here one of the best climbing news on this blog. Keep the good work, Björn!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...