UKC

THE LOWDOWN: Pirmin Bertle interview

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
[Pirmin Bertle on Force du rapport, 9a(1), 3 kb]I've always been fascinated by the quiet achievers. People operating under the radar, but still climbing at an incredible level. In a way, Pirmin Bertle is a good example. Unknown, I suspect, to most, this 25 year old psychology student from Kochel in the southern most part of Germany, has climbed 9a both in Siurana (Rich Simpson's 'Muerte') and at his home crag, Charmey. I caught up with Pirmin on Skype the other evening. He had just got back from the crag.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=55293
 Mick Ward 07 Jun 2010
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC:

Great interview!

Mick
 remus Global Crag Moderator 07 Jun 2010
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: I see UKC is rubbing off already! Cool interview though.
 Scarab 07 Jun 2010

haha

What have you done on grit?!!

Mycket bra!
 Owen W-G 07 Jun 2010
In reply to Scarab:

"something like a French 7c/7c+ and the guy hadn't clipped a single spit or stopper on the first 33 feet and was jamming his knee in a slopy hole mugging his way up."

Sounds like Seb on Meshuga
Animal 07 Jun 2010
In reply to Owen W-G:

Well done Seb! Put someone right off grit for life!
 Scarab 07 Jun 2010
Oh yes sounds like hard grit, and seb doing some crazy animalistic grunts
 Steve13 09 Jun 2010
In reply to Scarab:

More like crazy ramblings "Come here you cheeky little devil, I will have you yet..."
 Morgan Woods 10 Jun 2010
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: Great article Bjorn and excellent comments to finish.
 mattrm 10 Jun 2010

What a really good and interesting interview. More of this sort of thing please!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...