UKC

Font in the summer - best areas?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 seankenny 12 Jul 2010
Off to Font next week and the temps are looking pretty high. It's partly a family holiday but still looking to get some good climbing in - any suggestions as to the best areas of the Forest for the hot days of high summer?
In reply to seankenny:

Just get out early and late and you can go anywhere you like.
 Matt Vigg 12 Jul 2010
In reply to seankenny:

Take your head torch and boulder after the sun has set, I did this last time I was there and it worked great, needs two people though for more light. Be careful you don't go home with any strange men if you boulder at Bas Cuvier after the sun has set though....
Stephane 12 Jul 2010
In reply to seankenny: Mornings are cooler than evenings and nights as the rocks tend to capture the heat during the day, but late can give quite some surprises at Cuvier for sure !!!
On the reg hours, Petit Bois, Bois Rond, Canon and some of the Franchard places are great.
OP seankenny 12 Jul 2010
In reply to Stephane: Thanks for the advice guys, I'll be careful around Cuvier in the evenings. Any other suggestions for during the day bouldering?
 BoulderBus 12 Jul 2010
In reply to seankenny:

I reckon theres a fair bit of shade lower down at Beauvais, and petit bois is pretty shady.....avoid 91.1....absolutely scorching....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...