UKC

NEWS: Everest Triathlon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 26 Jul 2010
[Everest- Nuptze from Kala Pattar, 3 kb]Charlie Wittmack plans a new slant on climbing Everest, by completing a triathlon that is being publicised as the possibly the toughest human endurance event yet conceived.

Report by Lindsay Griffin - BMC

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=56956

adityahs 26 Jul 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Should we tell him that he still has time to do something serious on grit, in anticipation of the inevitable UKC question, "But what has he done on.."?
 chiragshah5001 26 Jul 2010
In reply to adityahs:

I say good luck to the chap, and would love to watch the film when it comes out. And he probably has done an e4 on grit!!
 Uncle Boz 26 Jul 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Could've decided to swim from Rhode Island or somesuch. That'd be impressive...

What a great adventure this'll be. Every ounce of luck to him.

Uncle (eats 10,000 mile tri's for breakfast) Boz
 Henry Iddon 26 Jul 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Good luck to him but it does seem like a bigger higher further circus. I'm planning a similar attempt using a unicycle and pogo stick....
In reply to UKC News: Why not make it a proper triathlon race?
 Reach>Talent 26 Jul 2010
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC:
> (In reply to UKC News) Why not make it a proper triathlon race?

Marshalling and feed stations may be a bit of a logistical nightmare?
mavis 26 Jul 2010
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: I'm game, As long as i can wear arm bands for the swimming
 MHutch 26 Jul 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Let's see if he manages to get past Slough without needing his stomach pumped. Though I'm told it's a lot cleaner these days!

Kazakhstan should be easy if he can negotiate the shipping lane near Tilbury without being sucked into the bilges of a container ship.
 FreshSlate 26 Jul 2010
In reply to UKC News: bah I did all of that in about 10 minutes, could've done it in 5 but I had to wrestle a lion on the way.
Valenclimber1 26 Jul 2010
In reply to UKC News: Yes and once he's done it we can eagerly wait for the first two legged blonde haired welsh female to do it and enter the record books. Then surely the first left handed dutchman. A new circus me thinks.
 ChrisBrooke 26 Jul 2010
In reply to UKC News: Goran Kropp cycled from Sweden with all his gear in a trailer, climbed the hill solo and without oxygen then cycled home again. Rather an impressive acheivement. This sounds an interesting effort too, though I'm guessing it's not entirely self supported like Kropp. Swimming, pulling all your high altitude gear in a dingy behind you would be a bit tiresome.
 'Hilda' 27 Jul 2010
In reply to UKC News:

I REALLY worry about this man's health - swimming in the Thames is just insane!
 Lone Rider 27 Jul 2010
In reply to Valenclimber1:
> (In reply to UKC News) Yes and once he's done it we can eagerly wait for the first two legged blonde haired welsh female to do it and enter the record books. Then surely the first left handed dutchman. A new circus me thinks.

Or a three legged hairy manx woman even with thighs like Mark Cavendish!
 Lone Rider 27 Jul 2010
In reply to Lone Rider: And also the right hand skyline ridge of Nuptse still hasn't been climbed yet!
In reply to ChrisBrooke:

Yes, hard to beat Goran Kopp's effort. Altough he didn't do the swin, that seems considerably more impressive, seeing as he cycled there and back taking all his own kit with him.

Still good on him, I couldn't do it.
 TeeBee 27 Jul 2010
In reply to mountain.martin:
> (In reply to ChrisBrooke)
>
> seeing as he cycled there and back taking all his own kit with him.
>

Just imagine, though, getting to the top of Everest and your overriding thought being 'nuts - now I've got to cycle all the way back to Sweden'...
 chiz 27 Jul 2010
In reply to UKC News: judging from the depth of the Thames up here at the moment he won't be swimming the full distance. Paddling more like.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...