UKC

NEWS: Rob Sutton - DWS - Never Kneel to Skeletor - F7c+

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 27 Jul 2010
[Rob on the initial steep moves of Never Kneel...., 1 kb]Glasgow based climber Rob Sutton has made what is thought to be the first Deep Water Solo (DWS) ascent of the Dorset testpiece Never Kneel to Skeletor (F7c+) on Saturday the 24th of July.

"Although not the most difficult DWS route at Stair Hole, Lulworth, the route has held out despite attention from many strong climbers..."

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=56983

Mark Reeves Global Crag Moderator 27 Jul 2010
In reply to UKC News: Good effort.

I have a feeling that someone might have DWS the route during one of the early festivals, probably late 1990's or early naughties. Can't say for sure though asking Mike Robertson, might shine a bit more light on it. I remember many of the routes being soloed. The classic 7c 'Mark of the beast' ? became a traffic jam for most of the day.

Awesome effort though, to Rob whether its first or second ascent.

mark mcgowan01 27 Jul 2010
In reply to UKC News:
nice one.
In reply to Mark Reeves:

Hi mark; actually I'm pretty confident it didn't get done then as I was at those festivals and I remember Mike making a big deal out of the fact that I got quite high on the route. I certainly don't remember anyone getting through the start apart from me.

It would be nice to know if anyone has done it since then. Brilliant route and harder than adrenochrome to do ground up (for me). Good effort Rob.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...