UKC

NEW REVIEW: Scarpa Vapour Lace Ups

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 20 Aug 2010
Stephen Horne testing the Scarpa Vapour Lace Ups on gritstone, 3 kbTraditionally a firm FiveTen fan, will the new Scarpa Vapours impress Rockfax Assistant Editor Stephen Horne?

"Many climbers tend to stick to what they know when buying new rock-shoes, and I'm definitely no exception. Our spare room is piled high with holed Five-Tens that I can't bring myself to chuck, and I've always viewed other brands with suspicion. So it was with fresh eyes that I tested the Scarpa Vapour Lace Up..."

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=2794

Quarryboy 20 Aug 2010
In reply to UKC Gear:
sounds good its just that I am sure if you gave me £95 I would be able to find something better
 Andy Farnell 20 Aug 2010
In reply to quarryboy: Tell that to Malcy, he seems to rate them. Shoes are a personal thing, and personally Scarpa's fit me and perform better than 5.10's !

Andy F
 Kevin Avery 20 Aug 2010
In reply to UKC Gear:

I wholeheartedly agree with Andy here. Fit is the most important thing, not what such-and-such-a-wad wears. Incidentally I've just got a pair of these. i normally find sportivas fit me best but will add my two-penneth once I've used them a bit.
banned profile 74 20 Aug 2010
In reply to quarryboy:
> (In reply to UKC Gear)
> sounds good its just that I am sure if you gave me £95 I would be able to find something better

better for who though?
 Kevin Avery 20 Aug 2010
In reply to Kevin Avery:

Incidentally Stephen, which size did you go for and what is your regular shoe size?

Cheers

K
 IainWhitehouse 20 Aug 2010
In reply to Kevin Avery:
> (In reply to UKC Gear)
>
> I wholeheartedly agree with Andy here. Fit is the most important thing.........

Something is very wrong here. I haven't heard so much unmitigated good ense talked about rockshoes on here since, well, I don't remember when.
 TobyA 21 Aug 2010
In reply to quarryboy:
> I am sure if you gave me £95 I would be able to find something better

Maybe currently, but it seems that all the firms are having to put up their prices - the Euro being strong against the pound must be part of it. It'll be interesting to see if the American firms (Mad Rock, Evolv etc) can get a bigger bit of the market as the Euro companies all head towards 100 quid a pair...
 TobyA 21 Aug 2010
In reply to TobyA: BTW, what route is that in the picture? It looks terrifying.
 Sarah Stirling 26 Aug 2010
In reply to TobyA: I just asked him. It's the Swan at the Roaches.

Cheers, Sarah

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...