UKC

NEW ARTICLE: VIDEO: Nico Favresse - La Reina Mora F8c+

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 01 Sep 2010
Nico Favresse - Siurana, 5 kbBelgian big-waller Nico Favresse stars in this short film from Bernardo Gimenez and Black Diamond. Nico climbs the F8c+ testpiece of La Reina Mora in Siurana, Spain.

The film is a superb portrait of Nico, showing his talents not only as a climber, but also as a musician and philosopher.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=2977

a13x 01 Sep 2010
In reply to UKC Articles:

Really enjoyed that
 gethin_allen 01 Sep 2010
Good climbing but i had to use the mute button, couldn't stand the jangly music.
 screenager 01 Sep 2010

Good video, don't see many top outs on sport routes.
 TobyA 02 Sep 2010

This is a good film of a talented climber and musician, but a few vague words about feeling "energy" in music and climbing no more makes him a philosopher than my mum telling me to take half an aspirin and go to bed early when I was a poorly kid made her a doctor.

If Nico has a PhD in philosophy then I take it back, but nothing in the film suggests that he does. Hopefully it was an over enthusiastic PR person at BD who was to blame.
 Jack Geldard 02 Sep 2010
In reply to TobyA: Couldn't disagree with you more.

The definition of Philosophy does not only cover the philosophy of science - with principles and truths etc. But also Philosophy can cover, and I quote the Dictionary definition:

"A philosophical attitude, as one of composure and calm in the presence of troubles or annoyances."

Life outlook and climbing style are important parts of philosophy and perhaps the most relevant parts for coverage at UKC.

Jack 'not a BD PR person'

I'm off to my wigwam for a bit of yoga. x
 Lemony 02 Sep 2010
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC: > Life outlook and climbing style are important parts of philosophy

Damn, I knew I should have mentioned David Lewis's onsight grade in my dissertation.
 Martin Davies 02 Sep 2010
In reply to UKC Articles: Route looks awesome, savage mono finger pockets. Annoyed by the editing:

At 6m24s the bolt near his waist isn't clipped
Cut - it is clipped
Another cut for the right hand throw - it isn't clipped
Cut to match on ledge out right - it is clipped!

I appreciate that they might not have got all the footage they wanted when he actually sent the route, but I'd still like to see him do those solid top moves all in one effort.

Music annoyed me too... That's my two pennies worth! M
 TobyA 02 Sep 2010
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC: Was that your wording Jack!? Oops - sorry - rule no.1) never insult the editor!

But I stand by my point, whilst your dictionary is undoubtedly right, those are definitions of "philosophy" not philosopher. Medicine means cough mixture as well as the scientific study healing illness and injury to the human body. But reading the instructions on the side of the bottle is not quite the same as being a hospital consultant.

The wigwam sounds lovely, but unfortunately my knee is up for much yoga currently otherwise I'd be in there in a flash with my peace pipe!
 michaelja 07 Sep 2010
Wow, I really liked it.
Both music and the fantastic climbing.

Shame to see the reactions. OK I noticed the cut and clip as well but apart from that: Great movie.
Thanks UKC

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...