UKC

PRODUCT NEWS: Climb On! Crème, 2.3 oz

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 06 Sep 2010
Climb On! Crème, 2.3 oz, 8 kbIf you have sore fingers from climbing or worse a gruesome gobi, flapper, rope burn, or cracked hands that are so painful you don't want to even use them, apply Climb On Crème and you will heal...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=2938
 The New NickB 06 Sep 2010
In reply to UKC Gear:

This isn't news or a review, it is an advert.

I am fully aware that UKC needs advertising revenue to operate, but I wonder if I am only person who finds this advertorial approach annoying.
 Reach>Talent 06 Sep 2010
In reply to The New NickB:
I'd prefer if it said "Blatant Advert" but I think you need to allow a bit of flexibility

It would be quite nice to see some evidence for those claims, while none of them are going to have the ASA breaking down the door I'm sure a few other Chamois cream manufacturers would have something to say about it, especially the suggestion that they contain "Nasty Chemicals".
 Michael Ryan 06 Sep 2010

Gear News at UKClimbing.com present climbing and mountaineering equipment that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews. If you have experience of these products registered users at UKClimbing.com are welcome to add comments to the discussion thread.

They cover, new and existing products from those companies that advertise at UKClimbing.com. We've been doing them for 5 years.

They are an important part of the advertising mix, advertising is how this site generates revenue to pay the bills.
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

I know advertising revenue is important, that is why I stated as much my post.

My issue isn't that it is an advert, my issue that it is an advert presented as news.
 MHutch 06 Sep 2010
In reply to UKC Gear:

Is there any reliable evidence that this rather expensive glop is any better than standard moisturiser?

Michael Ryan 06 Sep 2010

Gear News is on the Gear Page: http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/

It has a forum thread in the 'Gear' forum.

Read the bottom of the Product/Gear News.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=2938

It says:

Gear News at UKClimbing.com present climbing and mountaineering equipment that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews. If you have experience of these products registered users at UKClimbing.com are welcome to add comments to the discussion thread.

Most media, has this form of Product News. Open any outdoor magazine and it is easily recognised.

This is the News Page.

Climbing and Mountaineering News
Climbing and mountaineering news from all over the world –

http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/

M

ah, small print. Great.
 Reach>Talent 06 Sep 2010
In reply to UKC Gear:
I'm actually very impressed they could be in the running for a large prize from the Royal Society of Chemistry. The package claims the product is 100% chemical free!

http://prospect.rsc.org/blogs/rsc/2008/11/06/nevillereed/100-chemical-free-...
aw 06 Sep 2010
In reply to UKC Gear:

I can't see this is news either.

And another thing, I bought this, gave it one squeeze and the end split, squirting half the stuff out the wrong end.

I emailed rock and run and climb on and received no reply. is that news?
 Michael Ryan 06 Sep 2010
In reply to aw:
> (In reply to UKC Gear)
>

> I emailed rock and run and climb on and received no reply. is that news?

I will contact Rock and Run, and Beta Climbing Designs and tell them of your experience.

Climb On is a well established product in the UK and you shouldn't have any problems with the tube.

Thanks for your feedback.

Mick

Michael Ryan 06 Sep 2010
In reply to aw:

Done. I contacted both Rock and Run and Beta for you.
 Michael Ryan 06 Sep 2010
In reply to aw:

Just got this from Simon Berry of Beta Climbing Designs of Sheffield who import Climb On - the text in the product news was from the Climb On website in the USA.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway from Si:

Always good to know the issues - however could be an age thing as ClimbOn! Creme has a natural shelf life of about 12 months - why - because it contains only 100% natural products and no chemical preservatives, fillers or emulsifiers - as a result and in common will all natural cosmetic products it can seperate over time leaving it feeling a bit 'gritty' - even like this though it will still do the job well and I have a tube in my travel wash kit that is probably over 2 years old and still works fine.

However this is why Beta imports ClimbOn! in fairly small consignments and air freights it all from USA - so we turn our stock pretty quickly - and every 2 to 3 months there will be a fresh delivery. However it can also be dependent on how quickly shops turn their stock too

The Bars tend to have a longer shelf life as they use beeswax as a natural humectant ( ie binding agent)

Hope this info helps

We rarely ever have any returns on ClimbOn! Products

BUT as with pretty much all Beta products

Absolutely no problem with sorting a replacement - let me know the customers shipping address and will have one shipped to him tomorrow
--------------------------------------------------------------------
 Reach>Talent 06 Sep 2010
Vitamin E (tocopherol) is a chemical preservative: It is a chemical, a preservative and can be found on the E number list between E300-E305.
 Greg Chapman 07 Sep 2010
In reply to aw:

Hello,

I can assure you we take all customer feedback seriously. As far as we can tell from our records we have never had any emails from anyone with a complaint regarding Climb On. This is not to say that you didn't send an email, but it never came through to us. Did you try calling us? The phone number is on all pages of our website.

I see from Beta Climbing's reply Si will sort you with a replacement, but if you have any further issues feel free to give us a call.

Regards,

Greg
Rock + Run
 Hat Dude 07 Sep 2010
In reply to Reach>Talent:
> (In reply to UKC Gear)
The package claims the product is 100% chemical free!
>
So it doesn't exist then?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...