UKC

mountain equipment sleeping bag - broken zip pull

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 j_duds 17 Sep 2010
I have a mountain equipment down sleeping bag that has a broken zip pull tab (names of zips are from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zipper ) the zip slider works fine, teeth etc are all fine, it is just the zip slider part that connects to the pull tab has broken!

ME reccomned using: mountaineering designs who have minimum charge of £40!!

Does anyone know of a cheaper option, as i only need the pull tab fixing back to the slider, perhaps a new slider which means opeing the zip up?

Does anyone know if any repairists in Sheffield?
Or perhaps further away that i could send the bag to?

thanks
John
 JoshOvki 17 Sep 2010
In reply to j_duds:

How old is the bag?
 thin bob 17 Sep 2010
In reply to j_duds: knot a loop of decent thick cord round it. more temporary (but still usable for years IME) is a paper clip wrapped in tape.

the trouble with trying to put a new tab on is you would need to bend the tab holder bit on the slider & that might weaken it.
HTH
In reply to j_duds:

Paper clip threaded through the slider.

Bit of cord threaded through the slider. Some people do this deliberately on tents to make them quieter.
 OMR 21 Sep 2010
In reply to j_duds: Try nylon cable ties, small size - the ones they use as handcuffs in the larger sizes. I have a jacket that's lasted with one of those for over a year now.
 Joe G 21 Sep 2010
In reply to j_duds:

I had exactly the same problem - mountain equipment down bag with broken zip pull. I took it to a local tailor / clothes repair bloke. I don't think he'd even seen a sleeping bag before but he did a good repair, replacing the zip pull with a brand new one for a tenner, now it's good as new.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...