UKC

THE LOWDOWN: Paul Robinson gets his revenge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Paul Robinson entering the 2nd part of Die unendliche Geschichte, 4 kbLast time Paul Robinson tried Die unendliche Geschichte, 8B+, on the Bruno block at Magic wood, things went very wrong... and he ended up on the ground with a broken ankle.
This time, things went better, and he could defeat his nemesis on his 2nd try of his 2nd day on it since 2008.
Paul's...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=57960
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: and..... you're point is?
 chris_j_s 23 Sep 2010
In reply to unclesamsauntibess:
> (In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC) and..... you're point is?

It's 'your' actually, and what on earth are you talking about?!
 Adam Lincoln 23 Sep 2010
> (In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC) and..... you're point is?

Maybe you missed the bit where he said he did Die unendliche Geschichte?

In reply to chris_j_s: pedant
 Stu Jones 24 Sep 2010
I take it that you are trying to make clear your dislike of bouldering and the fact that you don't want to read about it. You were probably hoping that some other miserable sods would add similar sentiments so you could all feel better about slagging off a) a sport that you don't understand and b) a report written by a guy that has an enthusiasm that you don't understand. Well 'your' on your own.
 li'l Kath 24 Sep 2010
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC:

Bravo

Its all good and well climbing something with the potential to do you harm, its another to actually experience what can go wrong and find the metal to go back and face it again.
In reply to Stu Jones: No, not really, on all counts. It's not exactly enthralling news is it? Bald facts as presented here - guy tries a hard (admittedly) problem on some obscure boulder that most people have never heard of, falls and breaks his ankle. Two years later he returns and completes it over two days. My point being, it's not exactly earth shattering, but definitely ankle shattering, news.

Anyway, I though that big soft puffy landing mats were supposed to prevent accidents like that, along with the two obligatory tame catchers standing around at the bottom. Proves that neither are much use really. Bouldering isn't a "sport" anyway, it's practice. Much like weight training is not a sport, it's training. Up you'res.
 eivindf 24 Sep 2010
In reply to unclesamsauntibess: Please shut down your computer.
 Adam Lincoln 24 Sep 2010
> on some obscure boulder that most people have never heard of

Well you are showing your ignorance there.

It is probably one of the most famous standalone boulders in the world. Certainly in Switzerland
 @ndyM@rsh@ll 24 Sep 2010
In reply to unclesamsauntibess: You are clearly an ignorant tool, as Adam says, one of the most famous problems in the world, and much more important on a worldwide scale than the vast majority of UK trad climbing news.
banned profile 74 24 Sep 2010
In reply to @ndyM@rsh@ll: must admit i never knew the name of the boulder or the problem in its germanic tongue but knew the climb by its english name as a mate has done part 1.i doubt 99% of of british climbers have heard of it either way <shrugs>
 @ndyM@rsh@ll 24 Sep 2010
In reply to beastofackworth: I admit you're probably right that 99% of british climbers haven't heard of it, but i don't think this ignorance should be celebrated and valued. This news article is as reasonable way as any to hear of its existance, unclesamsauntiebess is just being a prick.
 La benya 24 Sep 2010
In reply to @ndyM@rsh@ll:

whats its english name?

why would i have heard of it? (who FA'd it? repeated it? etc)
 @ndyM@rsh@ll 24 Sep 2010
In reply to mark_wellin: Chris Sharma FA, Never-Ending Story is it's english name, been repeated by Ty Landman, Nacho Sanchez and others.
 La benya 24 Sep 2010
In reply to @ndyM@rsh@ll:

ah yes, that i've heard of!

is that name a direct translation from the german, or is it another realization saga?
banned profile 74 24 Sep 2010
In reply to @ndyM@rsh@ll: no wasnt trying to be ignorant or anything just state that its not exactly deliverence on the pebble at stanage
 @ndyM@rsh@ll 24 Sep 2010
In reply to beastofackworth: not you being ignorant, the idiot also known as unclesamsauntiebess, and also :P

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...