UKC

Good jamming cracks|?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CharlieMack 03 Oct 2010
I discovered the art of hand jamming a while ago when i moved to uni in manchester and started climbing in the peak. But ive only now begun to love it.

It seems to be difficult to find a list or info on really good jamming crack routes that are longer then 2-3 jams. The file is on my to-do list in the next week or so, but does anyone have any good jamming cracks that they would recommend (S-E4)

The longer the better. I am still climbing mainly in the peak, but am willing to drive to N.Wales/ Lakes for my crack addiction :P
 Bulls Crack 03 Oct 2010
In reply to CharlieMack:

Severe to E4?! Now that's a range - Sandy crack Northumberland
In reply to CharlieMack:

Go to Millstone. The Embankment routes there are ideal (though some are more fingers than hands), Bond Street is one of the country's classics and I'm sure there's more but don't know them off the top of my head.

Hawk's Nest Crack at Froggat is a good one. From memory it's more of an offwidth than hands, but it's all good practice for different types of jamming hey!
 Chi Cheng 03 Oct 2010
In reply to CharlieMack:

The 1st pitch of Valkyrie at Froggatt edge.

Is nice, I could not jam at the time so had to lay-back the thing.
OP CharlieMack 03 Oct 2010
In reply to Byronius Maximus:

Cheers, ive done all of those routes already, they were some of my first finger locky/ jamming routes. Il have a look at hawk's nest crack, i may even start liking offwidths!! Heaven forbid...
 chrisprescott 03 Oct 2010
In reply to CharlieMack: The Crank at Ramshaw is a classic, you could always work your way through the rest of the Crack School there as well, that runs all the way from HVD to E6 and covers all the grades in between! Have fun on the File, I recommend you tape up for it, I made the mistake of trying to be manly and didn't and my hands afterwards looked like they had been put in a blender!
wildirishman 03 Oct 2010
In reply to CharlieMack: Fair Head, Antrim, Northern Ireland, any route,all great.

Tremadog, wales - Fingerlicker E4 5c. The name says it all
In reply to chrisprescott:

Cheers, yea ive done the crank, but laybacking. Must go back and do it properly.

Will have a look at the 'crack school' of routes there! Sounds right up my street!

Also cheers for the heads up for the file, i was wondering whether to do so or not
 jas wood 03 Oct 2010
In reply to CharlieMack:
Brmiham-
Charming crack
slipperry crack
Desperation crack (more offwidth)
brutaliser
snuffer
giggling crack (given e6 but lets face it you can do it or you can't!)

they are just the more famous and plenty more to try there.

also not mentioned yet is almscliffe which has many jamming classics in its bowels.

mother of all jammers would be the grond in wales for me - sheer class !
 jas wood 03 Oct 2010
In reply to CharlieMack: you done fingerwrecker crack at caley ? more finger locks than jams but very good all the same.
In reply to jas wood:

Some of those look pretty good! Will definately have a bash at gigglin crack, just for a laugh... (no pun intended, well maybe a little).

Also been meaning to head to almscliffe, its going on the crag to-do list.
 DaveHK 03 Oct 2010
In reply to CharlieMack:

Lots at Ardmair.
 The Ivanator 03 Oct 2010
In reply to CharlieMack: Herford's Crack HVS Gribben Facet, Ogwen. Classic and pure jamming for all of its 25m.
 Misha 03 Oct 2010
In reply to CharlieMack:
Dexterity, Millstone
The Grond, Dinas Cromlech
In reply to Misha:

Dexterity looks amazing!! Right up my street
In reply to chrisprescott:
> (In reply to CharlieMack) The Crank at Ramshaw is a classic, you could always work your way through the rest of the Crack School there as well, that runs all the way from HVD to E6 and covers all the grades in between! Have fun on the File, I recommend you tape up for it, I made the mistake of trying to be manly and didn't and my hands afterwards looked like they had been put in a blender!

Tape up for The File?!? You massive girl. The inside of the crack isn't even very rough. If you came out of that with bloody hands you're definitely doing something wrong...

kevin stephens 03 Oct 2010
In reply to CharlieMack:

Book a trip to Fairhead next summer, if you can't wait till then there's always Grond on the Cromlech

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...