UKC

THE LOWDOWN: Jaws 2 by Woods

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Daniel Woods sticking the upper crux move on Jaws 2, 4 kbDaniel Woods has brought his bouldering skills to the routes. After, the Nor'easter Fest, he stayed on the east coast and headed to Rumney to try Vasya Vorotnikov's Jaws 2, aka "broken jaws", on the Waimea wall.
The conditions weren't great but Daniel still made good progress, and a few days ago...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=58164
 David Peters 05 Oct 2010
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: I am confused, does this mean he's actually done it or not ?

If yes, then well done Mr Woods

If no, then why is this news ? and can I add that I have also failed to complete the John Gaskins Brandenburg Gate project at Raven Tor which should weigh in at about 9b imho. I can supply pictures on request.
 chris_j_s 05 Oct 2010
In reply to David Peters:

Not very clear from the report but yes, he has done it.
 hexcentric 05 Oct 2010
In reply to David Peters:
Which part of this are you having trouble with.....

"As it turned out, he reconsidered this opinion after falling a couple of times on the 2nd, easier crux, even though the conditions were fine, before completing the route."

ANC 05 Oct 2010
In reply to hexcentric:
Tend to agree, the word 'completing' gave that away...
 GDes 06 Oct 2010
In reply to ANC: I think the report's been updated. I thought the same when i first read it.

Effort
 aln 06 Oct 2010
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: What does "lurpy" mean?
In reply to aln: ~reachy
 aln 07 Oct 2010
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: Ta. Hadn't heard that one before.
 David Peters 07 Oct 2010
In reply to hexcentric: Maybe I was going senile so I have just checked the article again - here it is verbatim and in it's entirety :-

Jaws 2 by Woods
by Björn Pohl - UKC 05/Oct/2010
This news story has been read 878 times
Print this story
News Stories
No newer news stories
Jaws 2 by Woods
Video: Magnus Midtboe climbs 9b
Latest LowDown News
Latest News

Popular News stories:
Fatal Accident on Portland 27-Sep
What's Leo Houlding Been Up To And What's Next? 07-Sep
Legendary German Climber Kurt Albert Killed 29-Sep
Font 8B by Anna Stoehr [update] 28-Sep
VIDEO: The Adventures of Tom, Pete, Adam and Andy 07-Sep
Journalist Arrested after Mountain Rescue Hoax 14-Sep
Related UKC News stories:

Climbing and where it's going, by Daniel Woods May/2010
Daniel Woods - New V15 - Desperanza Mar/2010
Daniel Woods fulfills prophecy Mar/2010
Daniel Woods - The Game - Font 8C+ Feb/2010
Terremer - Font 8C - for Daniel Woods (with video) Feb/2010
Daniel Woods talks about KinematiX Oct/2009
Daniel Woods V15, Simon Moore V13 in RMNP, Colorado Jun/2007
Daniel Woods has brought his bouldering skills to the routes. After, the Nor'easter Fest, he stayed on the east coast and headed to Rumney to try Vasya Vorotnikov's Jaws 2, aka "broken jaws", on the Waimea wall.

The conditions weren't great but Daniel still made good progress, and a few days ago he told me he felt it was most likely 9a or so. Basically two hard boulder sections, which aren't too bad if you're in good bouldering form.

As it turned out, he reconsidered this opinion after falling a couple of times on the 2nd, easier crux, even though the conditions were fine.

The route is basically a short ~8A+/B boulder into a 7c/7A section into a reachy/lurpy ~7C+/8A followed by relatively easy terrain. According to Vorotnikov and Woods this adds up to ~9a+.

Daniel is sponsored by

Maybe I'm still linked to an older version of the article but I still cant see the word 'completed' !

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...