UKC

Andrew Woodhouse

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Apachegirl 18 Oct 2010
Hi,Has anyone got a description of the above mentioned person. This might not be the usual posting but have recently met someone of that name and am not sure about him. Can anyone help please Talks a lot about army, caving and climbing.
 Ridge 18 Oct 2010
In reply to Apachegirl:
I think Moorhouse is the surname you're looking for..
 Timmd 18 Oct 2010
In reply to Apachegirl:

If you mean Andrew Moorhouse, I think he's possibly a little bit strange, going from things posted on here and elsewhere on the web, bearing in mind not everything on the internet is reliable.

If you mean somebody else, don't have anything to do with them if you're unsure about them, it's probably worth risking being too cautious, expecially if he's not a friend of somebody whom you know and trust as a judge of people/chooser of friends.

Cheers
Tim
 Timmd 18 Oct 2010
In reply to Apachegirl:

http://ukcaving.com/board/index.php?topic=524.0

There's an Andrew Moorhouse who talks about being in the SAS, and being asked to leave to set up National and International Search & Rescue.

Tim
Apachegirl 18 Oct 2010
In reply to Timmd: Thank you, yes the name is Moorhouse (can't imagine why I put Woodhouse). I just dont want to turn against him if it's not the same guy. He seemed really nice and then I saw bits on the net about this fantasist,same name, thats why I wondered if anyone could describe him. Thanks for taking the trouble to reply
 wilkie14c 18 Oct 2010
In reply to Apachegirl:
Long thread on this just a few weeks ago if the same person.
 marsbar 18 Oct 2010
In reply to Apachegirl:

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=423478&v=1#x6006428

There is a link to his old website with a picture, although it is not recent, hth.

Apachegirl 18 Oct 2010
In reply to blanchie14c: Thanks, I cant believe how lovely you all are taking the trouble to help me. Is there a way I can view the thread now?
 Timmd 18 Oct 2010
In reply to Apachegirl:

http://ukcaving.com/board/index.php?topic=520.0

No prob, if he has a yellow badge like in this link, he's definately the same bloke, it's about three quarters of the way down the page...

Tim
 Ridge 18 Oct 2010
In reply to Apachegirl:
> (In reply to Timmd) Thank you, yes the name is Moorhouse (can't imagine why I put Woodhouse).

Because you're a journalist looking for a story, but didn't have the right name?

Ridge the cynic
Franklin the pedantic cat 18 Oct 2010
In reply to Ridge:

>
> Because you're a journalist looking for a story, but didn't have the right name?
>
> Ridge the cynic
Cynic indeed

It would have never entered my head!
 Timmd 18 Oct 2010
In reply to Graham T:

Thanks, I guess people like this can become figures of fun for other people online, which isn't so nice, but it's definately good to inform people so accidents don't happen.

Cheers
Tim
Apachegirl 18 Oct 2010
In reply to Ridge: No I'm not. I'm just someone who met Andrew and for the last few days have been really worried about him so just trying to find out more about him. But yes this is the same Andrew Moorhouse. Thank you to eveyone who's helped me in this.
 Horse 18 Oct 2010
In reply to Apachegirl:

How did you know to come here?
 abr1966 18 Oct 2010
In reply to Graham T:
> (In reply to Timmd)
>
> http://web.archive.org/web/20040224223305/http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/andrew...
>
> Here you go, the full enchilada

He looks well dodgy....a mate of mine is aware of him from the caving world where he is well known as a dangerous idiot.
I just had a look for Global International Rescue which he claims to work for. The website looks well put together but very dubious to me..! Shifty person....likely personality disordered.
KTT 18 Oct 2010
In reply to Horse: google?
Apachegirl 18 Oct 2010
In reply to Horse: Just put his name into search engine and found you. Can I just say "thank you" to all who have taken the time and trouble to reply. What a lovely bunch of people you are.
In reply to Apachegirl:

Just been reading the sites and threads linked to in this thread.

Andrew Moorhouse makes me think weirdo, think Thomas Hamilton, think Dunblane, think run like f*ck. Away.
 winhill 19 Oct 2010
In reply to Apachegirl:
> (In reply to Horse) Just put his name into search engine and found you.

Admirable search skills when you had the wrong name, way to go.
 liz j 19 Oct 2010
In reply to Graham T:
> (In reply to Timmd)
>
> http://web.archive.org/web/20040224223305/http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/andrew...
>
> Here you go, the full enchilada

Just looking at that site reminded me of someone else's fantasy site. Anyone remember Icemonster/Mr Rain?
The pair of them could go into business together...
EasyAndy 19 Oct 2010
In reply to winhill: the only andrew woodhouse hit on google for ukc is this thread
 muppetfilter 19 Oct 2010
In reply to liz j: The whole shanghai mountaineering.... as in Kidnap club reminds me of "The Super Adventure Club" in SouthPark which we all know was a sinister front for NAMBLA !!!
 Reach>Talent 19 Oct 2010
In reply to muppetfilter:
sinister front for NAMBLA !!!

What is sinister about looking like Marlon Brando?

muppetfilter 19 Oct 2010
In reply to Reach>Talent:

psst... North American Man Boy Love Association

this Fellow looks like he is into a bit of that Mt Lhotse,Ben Nevis and Kinder... It was Kinder that let me know he was a deviant !

(and probably Apache Girl)
 Reach>Talent 19 Oct 2010
In reply to muppetfilter:
NAMBLA is the North American Marlon Brando Look Alikes!
 muppetfilter 19 Oct 2010
In reply to Reach>Talent: nambla.org/

Looks like these guys got the website first, however It could be a terrible mess if you went to the wrong convention... I suppose they would have a mutual love of Butter and B***ery ?
Apachegirl 19 Oct 2010
In reply to muppetfilter: Hope you're not calling me a deviant!!! Story so far; met Andrew a few months ago, listened to ever more fantastic stories. Then my daughter met him as well. He asked her out and even offered to let her live at his place, as she was looking for somewhere to live at the time. A couple of weeks ago he went really quiet and withdrawn and said he was going away and was not coming back. Some of his tales were a bit suspect to say the least. That's why I was trying to find out about him. Not a deviant, just a concerned Mum looking out for her daughter.
Apachegirl 19 Oct 2010
In reply to winhill: Why so sarcastic??? I obviously put the correct name in search engine.Am 61 and VERY new to this computer stuff.
 muppetfilter 19 Oct 2010
In reply to Apachegirl: Sorry to leap in with sarcasm and humour, in this situation I would urge caution with an individual that by the looks of things (caving link) is suffering from a psychiatric disorder. I say this without humour, the actions seem dillusional at best and possibly more of an indication of underlying issues.
Haveing worked with a few guys that were involved with rescue and also military it is absolutely a giveaway of a fraud for a person to brag about it.
Wrongfoot 19 Oct 2010
In reply to Apachegirl:

Best that you consider that people are (sensibly) suspicious only of the internet in general, no-one posting here has much of a provenance, and people have been suckered on lots of topics. It's not just Mr Moorhouse who might make a few things up.

Don't take the cynicism to heart it's general rather than aimed at you.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...