UKC

Photograph advice- bright skies

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Hudson 21 Oct 2010
Advice on camera (DSLR) settings and/or filters to use when faced with a scene like this with bright sunlight.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/andy_hudson/5102352817/
 supafly 21 Oct 2010
In reply to Andy Hudson:

take three different photos at three different exposures, with the help of a tripod, and merge them as an HDR image.
 supafly 21 Oct 2010
In reply to Andy Hudson:

then again.. taking photos facing the light in general doesn't bring about great results.

to get a really good photo you need to choose the time of day and the direction of light carefully.
seaofdreams 21 Oct 2010
In reply to Andy Hudson:

grad ND filter.

looks like 4 stop difference would be good there
 Paul Evans 22 Oct 2010
In reply to Andy Hudson:
Shooting raw and using a good raw converter will help a bit (more headroom and options), but with that much difference, as per the posts above, you need either ND grad or HDR merge.

CJBar 22 Oct 2010
In reply to Andy Hudson: Adjustment in windows live gallery would make quite quick and easy improvement to that shot. Just drop the higlights a bit and just raise the shadows a smidgeon, see what you think?
OP Andy Hudson 22 Oct 2010
In reply to Paul Evans:
> (In reply to Andy Hudson)
> Shooting raw and using a good raw converter will help a bit (more headroom and options), but with that much difference, as per the posts above, you need either ND grad or HDR merge.

Thanks I have just started using ND grads or grad in my case at the moment as i only have an ND6 sqauare filter so will have to invest in some more

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...