UKC

NEWS: New Speed Record For The Nose, El Cap

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 10 Nov 2010
The Great Roof pitch, The Nose, El Cap, 3 kb31 pitches of climbing in 2 hours 36 minutes 45 seconds. The Nose of El Capitan gets climbed even faster.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=58792
 Null 10 Nov 2010
In reply to UKC News:

That's 5 minutes per pitch. Lazy buggers!
 DJayB 10 Nov 2010
In reply to Gavin Taylor: Wonder if they are going to have another crack and get faster?
 GrahamD 10 Nov 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Just curious - on these speed attempts, how many parties are usually on the route at the time ?
 Rich Guest 10 Nov 2010
In reply to GrahamD:
> (In reply to UKC News)
>
> Just curious - on these speed attempts, how many parties are usually on the route at the time ?

Doesn't matter... Dean will just run past them with his hands in the air shouting "don't touch me", like a big drama queen!
In reply to UKC News:

So what's the spread on how long it will take Hans F to get it back? It must be too late for this season, I'd have thought. I'll go eight to ten months.

jcm
 petestack 10 Nov 2010
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:
> It must be too late for this season, I'd have thought.

Not according to the climbing.com piece...
'And according to Florine, who contacted Leary to congratulate him on his new record, Leary indicated he and Potter plan to make another attempt this fall. "This is just the beginning," Potter said in an email.'

In reply to petestack:

Yes, but they're already set up. Hans would have to recruit someone, quite possibly have the odd trial run, etc.

jcm
 jon 10 Nov 2010
> (In reply to petestack)
>
> Yes, but they're already set up. Hans would have to recruit someone, quite possibly have the odd trial run, etc.
>
> jcm

Here's your big chance John... get in there.
 petestack 10 Nov 2010

OK, just wasn't sure if you meant too late for Hans or too late full stop!
 MikeTS 10 Nov 2010
In reply to UKC News:

I couldn't walk up the side that fast
 GrahamD 11 Nov 2010
In reply to Cragrat Rich:

> Doesn't matter... Dean will just run past them with his hands in the air shouting "don't touch me", like a big drama queen!

you know, there is something depressing about the thought - I guess climbing the Nose in conventional style must be a lifetimes climbing dream for many people.

Seriously though how does it work when other parties are on the route ? It can't be possible to safely run past anywhere ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...