UKC

NEW ARTICLE: Clouds at their Feet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 11 Nov 2010
Clouds at their Feet – Climbing and Charity in Kyrgyzstan, 5 kbJamie Maddison takes a trip to Kyrgyzstan and discovers more than just climbing. "Standing in the shade of the cool cliff-face, my temporary shelter from the strength of the midday sun, I feel a slight tugging at the back of my shirt. It's one of the children; a little girl of perhaps 10 year's of age..."

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=3153
 mlt 12 Nov 2010
In reply to UKC Articles:

Great stuff!
 Paul Crusher R 12 Nov 2010
In reply to UKC Articles: Big Thumbs Up.
 legonaut 12 Nov 2010

I went climbing with the fund while visiting Kyrg. in 2006. Fantastic charity- I totally recommend supporting them. Such a beautiful country- it would be great if some of these kids went on to take more tourists/climbers on as guides etc.
 Fidmark 12 Nov 2010
In reply to UKC Articles: favourite article in a while
 Bunchuk 12 Nov 2010

There is also a video of the expedition's weekend with the Alpine Fund, which can be viewed here: vimeo.com/15808929 for anybody who is interested.
cheers! J
 halfaseesaw 13 Nov 2010
In reply to legonaut: I set some cash by paypal and got as nice thank you. Think I might do it more often.
 dpnicholls 13 Nov 2010
Great article guys, was an awesome weekend. If anyone is interested, I have just spend a year out in Kyrgyzstan climbing/volunteering for these guys (best year of my life) so feel to free to ask me if you have any questions about the charity/volunteering etc.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...