UKC

NEWS: New E10 Slab for MacLeod

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 15 Nov 2010
Dave MacLeod, 3 kbDave MacLeod has ticked his slab project in Glenfinnan. MacLeod has named the route Die by the Drop and has suggested a grade of around E10 7a.

"It's a full on, all out desperate slap, scream and wobble fest to get through the crux..."

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=58870

Chris Ellyatt 15 Nov 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Good man, Dave.

Chris
In reply to UKC News:

Impressive. Won't be queues, I imagine.

Was there a suggestion that this was the easier of his two projects in this neck of the woods?

jcm
 Peter Walker 15 Nov 2010
In reply to johncoxmysteriously: I think that was when all the available information was a Macleod twitter about 'the savage slab going down' or similar; no grade had been offered at that stage. He had two projects on the slab, seemed ready to lead the 'easier' one, and had written of how full-on and marginal a proposition the harder one would be on the sharp end.
In reply to Peter Walker:

So do we think this is the easy one or the hard one?

jcm
 Peter Walker 15 Nov 2010
In reply to johncoxmysteriously: Sorry John.

The hard one, I think.

So the rest of us can just nip up there and pinch the 'easy' one, then?!

jcm
 JLS 15 Nov 2010
In reply to UKC News:

How can we, office chair climbers, confirm/refute the grade without a photo? :¬)
 Peter Walker 15 Nov 2010
In reply to johncoxmysteriously: Ever been to that area John? Even if I could do E9 slab climbing, I reckon it'd be hard to pick out a 40ft slab amongst half a billion outcrops on the hillsides without knowing exactly where it was.

(A fine excuse, I reckon).

There's a Memorial, isn't there? I've been to that. Looked to have some good lines on it itself, actually.

jcm
 Peter Walker 15 Nov 2010
In reply to johncoxmysteriously: DM speaks of checking the line out through binoculars on arrival at Lochailort. So I reckon it's a bit further along the A830 than Glenfinnan itself. But if you've been to the monument you'll have the gist of the area.
 Bulls Crack 15 Nov 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Is that a sit down rest in the photo then - can't be that hard?
 Reach>Talent 15 Nov 2010
In reply to Bulls Crack:
Is that a sit down rest in the photo then - can't be that hard?

He was there so long his hair grew back!

Martin W 26 Nov 2010
In reply to JLS: I simply cannot imagine standing at the bottom and thinking “I could climb that”!
 JLS 26 Nov 2010
In reply to Martin W:

Oh, I don't know, some of those chalked up crimps looked encouraging (more Walk on the Wildside than Doctor Dolittle). I guess only closer inspection would identify the blank bits where yogic flying skills would come in handy...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...