UKC

Cadair Idris Conditions???

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 terrarob 28 Nov 2010
Hi Guys,

Any been on Cadair Idris in the last few days? How are the conditions looking? I have been in Ogwen for the last couple days and it looks very promising, hoping Southern Snowdonia is the same!

Rob
In reply to robric: Not been up to Cadair, but the small streams inland from Aberystwyth were starting to freeze up yesterday and there is a healthy amount of snow down to about 300m.
 Cadairmanuk 28 Nov 2010
In reply to airbournegrapefruit: Hi I was on Cadair Yesterday , lots of powdery stuff about thigh deep in places , the north side towards Dolgellau is freezing up quite well!

Ben
OP terrarob 29 Nov 2010
In reply to robric: cheers guys, hopefully it will hold (or even improve) for friday!
 Neil Anderson 30 Nov 2010
In reply to robric: Anybody know what road conditions are like at the moment for mid wales - Arrans, Cadair etc. ?
 groovy_nut 30 Nov 2010
In reply to Neil Anderson:

Main roads are all pretty good, some of the smaller ones are a bit sporting, but that said the only part I had trouble with today was getting back onto the driveway...
 Neil Anderson 30 Nov 2010
In reply to groovy_nut: thanks
In reply to robric: Up Cadair yesterday, only from Minffordd, very little snow left on Southern facing slopes, disappearing quickly in what felt like relatively warm sunshine. Back tracked down foxes path from summit to get a better view of northern slopes and gullies, snow still very powdery and unconsolidated. Wind and more moisture have surly helped today though. Was surprised to see that the falls on the right hand side of the road coming from Dinas Mawddwy appeared from that distance to be almost entirely frozen. I wonder how Meas-glase is fairing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...