UKC

WINNER: DMM First Friday Competition: DMM Cirque Axe

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 03 Dec 2010
DMM Cirque Axe, 2 kb

Paul Johnson of Chapel-en-le-Frith was this weeks winner. Paul will be receiving a DMM Cirque Axe , a DMM T-shirt and DMM chalkbag. Thank you everyone for entering.

Here are Paul's correct answers.

1. Name the three DMM technical axes? - Anarchist, Fly, Rebel
2. What steel is a Bulldog made from? - EN24 3.9mm steel
3. How many points on a Terminator Crampon? - 13 points on the frame, 1 or 2 front points & 1 optional heel spike. Therefore, 14, 15 or 16 points, depending on configuration!

THIS COMPETITION IS CLOSED.

Each first Friday of the month DMM are running a week long competition at UKClimbing.com. All you have to do is answer three questions and you are in with a chance of winning DMM swag.

This month it's DMM Cirque Axe. Answer three questions and you could win a DMM Cirque Axe, a DMM T-shirt and DMM chalkbag.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=3274

In reply to UKC Articles:

someone help me with the how many points on a terminator crampon..... I've looked on the site and in the instructions and am getting all confused over the 'set-up' and all the different configs
 Monk 08 Dec 2010
In reply to idiotproof (Buxton MC):

I know. It's ridiculous. You have a choice of mono and dual point, plus ice or mixed points, plus do all of the fixed points count as points, or are some of them sub-points?
In reply to Monk:

Ive emailed Simon at DMM so will PM you his repsonse!!
 James Oswald 08 Dec 2010
In reply to idiotproof (Buxton MC):
Me too please
James
In reply to James Oswald:

No answer yet.... may just have to go with my figuring of 11 points!
Irishonthewirral 09 Dec 2010
In reply to idiotproof (Buxton MC): dam i put down 15!
 petestack 09 Dec 2010
In reply to Monk:
> I know. It's ridiculous. You have a choice of mono and dual point, plus ice or mixed points,

And optional heel spurs...

> plus do all of the fixed points count as points, or are some of them sub-points?

I'd call them all points despite there arguably being two front, two middle and one back sub-point(s), so 14 in mono mode and 15 in dual?

In reply to Irishonthewirral:
> (In reply to idiotproof (Buxton MC)) dam i put down 15!

That for mono with a heel spur or dual without? :-P

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...