UKC

NEWS: Scottish Winter - Full Report 1

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 03 Dec 2010
Enjoying fine mountaineering conditions on Ledge Route, 3 kbDan Goodwin is Back! Here he gives us the first of his full winter conditions reports.

It's that time of the year again. Time to check the weather, sharpen your points and go forth in to the wild hills of the UK. And get freezing cold.

There's loads of snow and ice about - check the report for more details.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=59225

Geoffrey Michaels 03 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Good to see Danny back. Never Stop Exploring.
 Sean Kelly 03 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News: Excellent post and very imformative, especially as the SAIS blogs don't seem to be up & running at the moment. I especially like the Weekend Weather Outlook charts for the different areas. Keep up the good work.
 KA 03 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News: Good work, however, the photo of Darth Vader is of Guy Stevens leading, not Kenny Grant, and was taken by myself.

jamespilgrim 04 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News:
Dan's article has even been cited by The Times who are obviously searching for a good news story from the cold weather!
 Dan Goodwin 05 Dec 2010
In reply to KA:

Hi Ken sorry about that will make the changes if possible !

Hope your having a good one !

What do you mean its been of interest to Times ?

Thanks Dan
 jamespilgrim 05 Dec 2010
In reply to Dan Goodwin - Mountain Plan:
Dan, they mentioned that SAIS were doing avalanche forecasts earlier than normal and then posted a link to your UKC article to give evidence that some people could enjoy the cold - methinks they have a journo who is secretly reading UKC while writing the live feed...
 KA 05 Dec 2010
In reply to Dan Goodwin - Mountain Plan: Cheers Dan. So far, so good!
 Jamie B 05 Dec 2010

With reference to your query about the gated access to Stob Coire nan Laoigh, this appears to be locked more often than not. Until someone has had a discussion with Forest Enterprise it's probably best to assume it's closed.
 Dan Goodwin 06 Dec 2010
In reply to Jamie Bankhead:

I think that's right to make that assumption. The first time I climbed there might well have been during a logging period and as a result they left the gate open to save opening and shutting it which at the time I took to mean that it was an open gate. I have walked up there since and found that post logging the lorries had churned up the track so much it would be hard to get a car up there.
Apparently the key for the gate is the same as the Ben track one ! !

Aye Dan
 andyinglis 06 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News: Might want to add Andy Turners repeat of the Cathedral (X)! Impressive!
 Jamie B 08 Dec 2010

> Apparently the key for the gate is the same as the Ben track one ! !

Not true.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...