UKC

NEWS: Avalanche Report - Edinburgh Area

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 06 Dec 2010
Pentland Hills Crags, 2 kbSportscotland Avalanche Information Service (SAIS) in conjunction with The City of Edinburgh Council and The Pentland Hills Ranger Service have issued the following Avalanche Hazard Report for Monday 6th December 2010.

Area

All hills in the Edinburgh area (including Pentland Hills, The...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=59262
Unbelievable?! However, I live in Livingston and have about 80cm of snow on my lawn. (Not drifts, just a straight blanket coverage.) Take care out there.
 Mike-W-99 07 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News:
I was in the office when the snow went, it was pretty mental.

In the pentlands om Sunday, heres a shot of some of the avalanche activity we spotted on Caerketton Hill.

http://www.winterhighland.info/forum/file.php?2,file=7056
 drunken monkey 07 Dec 2010
In reply to Mike_Watson_99: Thats some layer in that block! - nice pic!
 crombie 07 Dec 2010
In reply to flaneur: Great way to deal with smokers
Removed User 07 Dec 2010
In reply to Mike_Watson_99:

Mike

Scary pic. We were out on the planks on sunday too. Did you see the debris from the full depth avalanche on the NW flank of Allermuir, around Todhole Knowe? Big patch of grass, probably visible from the by-pass.

Stunning day!

Stuart
 Mike-W-99 07 Dec 2010
In reply to Removed User:
Hah, that'd imply I was on some sort of ski tour and not on the way to the Steading for a pub lunch via Caerketton Hill!

2km long descent from the top to the pub. Planks on all the way except the fence round the golf course.

Mike,

Can I use that photo in our report please?

Alan
 Mike-W-99 07 Dec 2010
In reply to Alan James - UKC:
No probs.
Removed User 07 Dec 2010

Lol, we came off Black Hill down to the forest and I suggested going to the Flotterstone and getting a taxi. It didn't work. We came back in the dark instead, stunning pink light on the back of Allermuir.
 Mike-W-99 08 Dec 2010

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...