UKC

Lochnagar Conditions?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 drunken monkey 11 Dec 2010
Hi guys, my mate is heading up Lochnagar tomoro. He's a non-climber, so mainly munro bagging. I'm just asking on here on his behalf. Anyone been up there the past few days? Is there a good trail? how were snow conditions, and has much been stripped with the thaw?

cheers
 Lamb 11 Dec 2010
In reply to drunken monkey: There will be tons of it. Doubt there will be a path from Loch Muick or Gelder. 1 metre in Ballater.
In reply to Lamb: seriously? how are the roads?
 Lamb 11 Dec 2010
In reply to drunken monkey: Aberdeen - Ballater is fine. Don't think Lock Muick road is open though - not sure on that though.
 Lamb 11 Dec 2010
In reply to Lamb: I mean cleared, not open.
In reply to Lamb: Cheers for that mate - Will pass it on. He'll be coming from Glenshee way.
 Lamb 11 Dec 2010
In reply to drunken monkey: It will be an almighty wade from Gelder, that is for sure!
In reply to Lamb: I mean he'll be driving from that way!
Anyone else any gen on the Glen Muick road?
 IainMunro 11 Dec 2010
In reply to drunken monkey:

An Aberdeen uni minibus (as far as I know) made it up the road last night. I also think the 1m of snow in Ballater is probably a bit generous as everywhere else in the NE has seen a substantial thaw. Was raining at the Ptarmigan station on yesterday afternoon so I think the snow pack will be pretty soggy on Lochnagar.

Have a good day!

Iain
In reply to IainMunro: Cheers Iain
 Lamb 11 Dec 2010
In reply to IainMunro: Excellent chat if it is open. Lochnagar could be quality in a week or so.
 IainMunro 11 Dec 2010
In reply to Lamb:

> Excellent chat if it is open. Lochnagar could be quality in a week or so.

Few days hard freeze and it will be grand, especially if a few people go up this weekend and stamp out a nice trail to the col!

Iain
 Lamb 11 Dec 2010
In reply to IainMunro: Extra incentive to batter into this Paleontology deadline for Friday then! Better be a cart track up there by the end of the week!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...