UKC

New bag recommendations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
west-country-wanderer 14 Dec 2010
hello,

looking for bag recommendations around the 30 litre mark, need something that is well vented at the back, has secure straps for at least one ice axe, no side pockets or anything that can get in the way of swinging arms, a few loops for krabs and things on the straps (waist or arms) would be nice too! is a karrimor hot ice the way to go? (dont ask for much do i?!)

many thanks

WCW

mattc 14 Dec 2010
In reply to west-country-wanderer: hi was i looking at a 2 deuter packs carnt remember the model but looked wicked. theres a 35 and a 45 and you can remove the hip belt
 IainMunro 14 Dec 2010
In reply to west-country-wanderer:

I'm selling the older version of the Karrimor Hot Rock (before they started using the new flimsy looking fabrics), it's hardly been used as I already have too many bags.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=437652

2 axe loops, compression straps and very little else. A nice simple bag

Iain
In reply to west-country-wanderer: The Opsrey Mutant is a pretty Damned good pack. I LOVE mine. Although the venting on the back could be a bit better, it does get a bit hot and sweaty under there.
west-country-wanderer 14 Dec 2010
Iain, have sent you an email, think the hot ice is the way ahead so a secondhand one seems like ideal... mutant looks good but i have a mountain technology 40 litre bag which is too big for day trips and £90 is a lot of money...
 IainMunro 14 Dec 2010

Replied to your email, cheers

Iain
ice.solo 14 Dec 2010

not sure how light you want to go, but if you do check out the arcteryx cierzo.
bloody light, nothing extraneous, axe loops, places for clipping stuff, 35L and heres the amazing bit - affordable ($100).

i got one recently and have given it a few decent hammerings on overnights, carting ice gear.
for something so lightweight it feels solid.
grimm 14 Dec 2010

Second to this, have had Cierco 35 for 2 years, and despite the lightweight fabrics, it can take an abuse - it's a brilliant pack, and nicely priced being 'ryx.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...