UKC

NEWS: Griffith and Sim - East Face Route, Cerro Piergiorgio

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 16 Dec 2010
Will Sim making a calf burning traverse with the Fitz Roy massif in the distance, 4 kbBritish climbers Jon Griffith and Will Sim are currently in Patagonia and have climbed the East Face Route on Cerro Piergiorgio.

The route was first climbed using fixed ropes. The pair of Brits made what is thought to be the second ascent and they climbed it alpine style in a day, wading through deep powder for 6.5 hours to gain the base of the climb.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=59438

liz j 16 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News:
Fantastic effort, but ouch, that nose looks damn sore Jon!!
 Mr Lopez 16 Dec 2010
In reply to liz j:
> (In reply to UKC News)
> Fantastic effort, but ouch, that nose looks damn sore Jon!!

I've heard that now he's finally got the piercing done is thinking on growing dreadlocks for the 'full look'... Ha, ha!

Good effort guys, hope you get to try the big one this Friday!

TobyA 16 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News: Fantastic, you guys are machines! Everyone should look at Jon's blog as well because the photos of Exocet are also superb. What a line!?
 BALD EAGLE 16 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Top work as ever guys!
 tony 16 Dec 2010
In reply to TobyA:
> (In reply to UKC News) Fantastic, you guys are machines! Everyone should look at Jon's blog as well because the photos of Exocet are also superb. What a line!?

Seconded, and the photo captioned "On the approach to Cerro Standhardt (just up and right of Will)" has to be one of the finest mountain photos I've seen. Outstanding stuff!

Null 16 Dec 2010
In reply to liz j:
> (In reply to UKC News)
> ouch, that nose looks damn sore Jon!

Yes, it's tempting to reach for your Abalakov hook to get at those deep ones, but don't try it!
 Tdubs 16 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News:
Incredible! That summit shot is awesome too.
 Sean Kelly 16 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News: I know it's hard work getting to such 'out of the way places' but the photos make it all worthwhile, as well as providing great memories. Well done!
 jon 16 Dec 2010
In reply to tony:
> (In reply to TobyA)
> [...]
>
> Seconded, and the photo captioned "On the approach to Cerro Standhardt (just up and right of Will)" has to be one of the finest mountain photos I've seen.

I'm tempted to agree. I wonder how long Will had to stand still for it.
 TobyA 16 Dec 2010
In reply to jon: and you would need a bloody big sling for the chockstone in the next photo down!
 Franco Cookson 16 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News:

You guy's are legends. All the pictures look amazing too, but I didn't know single push interested you two..... x
 rlines 16 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News: Excellent all round. Really great to see real climbing news coming through again! Well done!
 Jon Griffith 20 Dec 2010
In reply to tony: Thanks all. The half moon shot is a 30 sec exposure so not too bad. Thankfully Will is patient enough with my photography that he lets me actually get the shots in the first place. Our trip is over now and on our way home. Will try and put some more pics up over the coming week. In the meanwhile there is more info here on Will's blog: http://willsim.blogspot.com/

Jon

TobyA 20 Dec 2010
In reply to Jon Griffith: Good luck with your travels Jon. Plenty of European airports attempting to make you feel with patagonian weather!
 Jon Griffith 20 Dec 2010
In reply to TobyA: So I hear. We're actually stuck in Buenos Aires for the moment due to a delayed connection for 24 hours so still focusing on getting into the correct hemisphere!
jon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...