UKC

Rab Photon Belay or DAS Parka?? Help please!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FranC 18 Dec 2010
Hi, I know belay jackets have been done a lot here but just wondering if someone could give me some advice on which one of the above two I should go for! I get cold pretty easily so thinking that the Parka may be the better option but have never seen one so not much idea what it's like. Does it pack down fairly small? Have heard that the Rab one is a bit bulky. Any advice would be much appreciated! Cheers

Fran
 Simon Pelly 18 Dec 2010
In reply to FranC:

The Rab is a bit bulky this is true. Never been cold when wearing it though The stitching could be a bit better - always worried that some of the velcro attachments could come loose.
 beardy mike 18 Dec 2010
In reply to FranC: Had the same DAS since I was 19 or 20 - awesome bit of kit... obviously it may have changed a bit since then...
 TobyA 18 Dec 2010
In reply to FranC:
> Does it pack down fairly small?

My DAS is 9 years old now, but as long as the new ones aren't hugely different - then a very firm "no" is the answer.
 Thrudge 18 Dec 2010
In reply to FranC:
You might want to look at the Montane North Star as well. Don't know how it compares to the Rab or the Patagonia, but it's very light, very warm, good and long in the body, and will pack down small.
 iksander 18 Dec 2010
In reply to FranC: My Large DAS packs down to about 25 X 15cm. Don't think there is a synthetic jacket of this warmth that's any smaller though

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...