UKC

Repairing a duvet jacket.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I've torn the pocket on my old mountain equipment duvet jacket, does anyone know if there are any type of patches available to repair this?
 gethin_allen 26 Dec 2010
In reply to jonathan shepherd:
not quite sure what you mean my "torn a pocket" is that broken the lining or torn the outer material but anyhow. If it's the outer material you could try tenacious tape or get a couple of test swatches of material and glue them on with seam grip/storm grip (same stuff different makes)
if it's the inside just get your needle and thread out as it doesn't need to look tidy so just sew a few stitches along the edges you need to join to reduce the chance of the edges fraying and then sew the hole closed.
In reply to gethin_allen: Hi Gethin, its the outer pocket thats torn, i did a repair many years ago on a tear on the back of the coat (it's over 25 years old) but i can't remember where i got the patch from but that ones still going strong. I'll see if i can get a swatch from somewhere.
 gethin_allen 26 Dec 2010
In reply to jonathan shepherd:
Try asking a fabric store for a trial swatch, google point north.
 Nige M 26 Dec 2010
In reply to jonathan shepherd: Forget fancy patches. Just use a square of Duck Tape. I have a jacket with Duck Tape patches that have lasted for over 15 years and have never peeled away.
In reply to gethin_allen: Thanks for the link Gethin, i've sent for some.
In reply to Nige M: I'd like to get a colour match if possible but if not then i'll duck tape it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...