UKC

Leeds to Liverpool Challange.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Thomaslynchuk 31 Dec 2010
Hello everyone, I'm from Liverpool and 2011 I want to kayak the Liverpool Leeds canel, but from the Leeds end to finish in my hometown, I found out it is 127 miles and would like some advice on were to sleep,eat, best boat to use and if anyone would like to join me as It would be hard on my own.
Andibs 31 Dec 2010
In reply to Thomaslynch: Google Waterscape which is the British Waterways leisure page. You can select the canal of choice and it will give you some information. Combine this with an OS map and you can plan accordingly
 john_mx 31 Dec 2010
In reply to Thomaslynch: it sound good what your doing when you get a bit more info i would love to come i dont have much info on what i m doing but sound good dude let us know how you get on please
In reply to Thomaslynch:

Two mates of mine set out to run it last winter.
They got to somewhere near Wigan (midnight-ish) & their water had frozen solid, so they bailed out, good effort though.
Would be an awesome trip in a kayak.
Best of luck.
 mark catcher 31 Dec 2010
In reply to Thomaslynch: some schoolboys from clitheroe paddled it in spring - google clitheroe advertiser and you should find it. my mate ran it from liverpool to leeds and back in 5 days in the middle of summer and found it hard.
 charlieg0pzo 31 Dec 2010
In reply to Thomaslynch:
Here is a video of the first coast to coast crossing from Liverpool to the Humber. I don't know if they used the Liverpool Leeds canal but it might be of interest anyway.
http://www.viddler.com/explore/phseakayaks/videos/10/
 adam06 31 Dec 2010
if you plan to get to leeds by train... be warned that they dont allow kyaks on trains
 hokkyokusei 31 Dec 2010
In reply to Thomaslynch:

When are you planning on doing it? Could be tricky this time of year, the part of the canal that runs past my office in Saltaire has been well frozen over for most of December.
OP Thomaslynchuk 31 Dec 2010
In reply to Andibs: I will look into this more in the next few days. Thanks good advice.
In reply to john_mx: I will defo let you know it will be after April when the weather gets better. I hope it will be a good trip give me a email on lynch.d.Thomas@gmail.com and we can keep in touch.
In reply to Roger Irrelevant: Thank you, I won't be doing it in the winter It will be hard effort just in the April so winter would be mad.
In reply to mark catcher: I will have a look into it thanks for the advice (-google clitheroe advertiser)
In reply to charlieg0pzo: Thank you.
In reply to adam06: Good information thanks
In reply to charlieg0pzo: I will look into it thanks.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...