UKC

NEW ARTICLE: Gable Adventures

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 10 Jan 2011
Tom Chamberlain seconding pitch 1 of Central Gully, 3 kbTom Chamberlain shares his Christmas time adventures on Gable crag in the Lake District.

"...Unfortunately, Nick really was stuck, and the silencing of his normally outrageous banter signalled that we potentially had a problem on our hands. Forty five minutes into the situation, and Dave and I started to consider our options. Nick tied-off one rope to a piece of gear above him..."

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=3356

Dave Parton 10 Jan 2011
In reply to UKC Articles: Interesting final picture in that article. I think Engineers had more snow and ice on it when I did it as a summer route back in October !!
 Exile 10 Jan 2011
In reply to DaveyP:

I know mixed routes always look a lot less white than they actually are when the photos are taken from below, (compare with the fourth photo in the article,) but I did think that this was an interesting shot to use so close on the heals of Steve's article. Is ukc trying to generate controversy? Surly not...
andy kirkpatrick 10 Jan 2011
In reply to Exile: As the great Rab Anderson would say in all hi slideshows: "Now this is looking up the route, while this is looking down the route".
 Only a hill 10 Jan 2011
In reply to Exile:
I think we're being subtly trolled =P
 ASharpe 10 Jan 2011
In reply to UKC Articles: I was more struck by how amazingly camp Hollowfinger looks in that photo and the nervous grin of Wallis' face as he's stuck in a crack with the mountain climber of Ballyclare hot on his heels. Good article Tom
 neil0968 10 Jan 2011
In reply to UKC Articles: Well here we go again .Look at the picture of P2 on engineers Slab that's supposed to be in condition well Iam sorry but that just climbing no sorrow scratching and damaging a classic 3 star summer route .THIS HAS TO STOP NOW .THOSE CLIMBERS SHOULD BE SHAMED AND NAMED THE SAME WAY THE ONES THAT DID THE GRIT ROUTE.At least theres looked like a winter route.
 stewieatb 10 Jan 2011
In reply to neil0968:

Err. Their names are in the article.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...