UKC

Bregaglia guide books?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GraMc 13 Jan 2011
going on a trip to bregaglia in the summer can anyone recommend a guide book(s) for longer alpine routes like the north face of the piz badile and shorter trad/sport routes around the area, cheers.
seaofdreams 13 Jan 2011
In reply to Ginger McGrath:

can you speak Italian or German - if so then its "only granite" translated in either language(ISBN 9-788887890358) if not your stuck with the alpine club one which isnt great.

I know there is an English book in the works but its not out yet AFAIK
 Garbh Coire 13 Jan 2011
In reply to Ginger McGrath: A combination of the Alpine Club Guide and Swiss Plasir South served us fine.
 cathsullivan 13 Jan 2011

Last summer we used a combination of the AC guide, Plaisir Sud and also a PDF guide to the Albigna area that is available on Needlesports' website. Depending on what kind of stuff you want to do, I would go for either the AC and the Plaisir or the AC and the pdf guide. All three was kind of handy but possibly overkill, especially if you want to try and save money.
seaofdreams 13 Jan 2011

Plaisir Sud is out of print in english - has been for some time. if you find one grab it
 cathsullivan 13 Jan 2011
In reply to seaofdreams:
> (In reply to Ginger McGrath)
>
> Plaisir Sud is out of print in english - ...

I think the style of them (a lot of reliance on drawings/diagrams and symbols that are easy to understand) means that it doesn't detract too much from it's usefulness.
 manumartin 13 Jan 2011
SWISS ROCK - GRANITE BREGAGLIA in English is available as an adobe digital edition and I have a hard copy too - by CHRIS MELLOR - VOID PUBLISHING 2000.(210 pages)Includes most classics.

Versante sud have editions for the area in Italian and German - I have the German ed with the title - NICHTS ALS GRANIT.(sertori and lisignoli)2007.(370 pages)

I also have an Italian guide called MASINO BREGAGLIA...REGNO DEL GRANITO by Andrea Gaddi - editzione polaris 2007. This is very compact and produced locally in Sondrio. (500 pages)

Have a great trip.
 BenTiffin 15 Jan 2011
In reply to manumartin: For the low level valley sport climbing, we bought a guide locally in St. Moritz when there in 2003. Rockfax style layout but in German I think?
 Solaris 16 Jan 2011

In addition to the guides already mentioned, last summer a freebie topo to quite a few valley sport crags was available from the tourist office in Vicosoprano. We also found copies in Intersport in Chivenna.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...