UKC

V12 Orders.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jimbob11 15 Jan 2011
Anyone having delivery/contact problems with V12?
Ordered a DVD last Wednesday (05/01), Gave it up until Tuesday and it had not arrived so e mailed them, e mailed again yesterday still no reply, rang several times and keep getting "line busy".

Usually patient and hate post's like this but i received the e mail same day i ordered saying it's been shipped.

Probably should e pee'd of at Royal Mail but some e mail reply's wouldn't go amiss..

Ta

Jim.
 Microwired22 15 Jan 2011
In reply to Jimbob11: I had the same problem last time i ordered from V12! Total mess about, i phoned and spoke to one guy there-he gave me a reason for it not arriving (lost in post) and promised to ring back with a solution, needless to say he didn't, so i rang again (spoke to a different guy)-he gave me a totally different reason for it not arriving! It was a further 2 days until a solution was found!

Rubbish service!

Hope your DVD arrives soon!
 Milesy 15 Jan 2011
Their service was good when I ordered 4 DMM Flys from them.... That might be why though
 Gazlynn 15 Jan 2011
In reply to Jimbob11:

I have always had brilliant delivery virtually next day from V12 until this last order. My order was processed on the 7th and I still have no goods. I did telephone on friday and they said that they had posted the next day but I haven't recieved anything yet. My post can be a little temperamental here too so I might be doing them a disservice but we shall see.....

good luck

G
In reply to Jimbob11:

Always found the service from from V12 to be excellent!
OP Jimbob11 15 Jan 2011
I should imply that this is in no way a dig ordiscredit at V12, I have received countless happy purchases instore from them and some excellent advice.
Just a reply would be nice or actually get through, just wondered if they where having comp/phone problems as us all in business sometimes do, and should we be shouting at our ever faithful Royal mail .

Cheers Folks, i'll be more patient.

James
Pete BBC 15 Jan 2011
Always had great service , living nearby i usually call in , hope it gets sorted soon.
Regards
Pete
 mark mcgowan01 15 Jan 2011
In reply to Jimbob11:
I've found V12 to be shit hot on all orders to date.
 escalator 15 Jan 2011
In reply to Jimbob11:

I don't use V12 anymore. Even if I have to pay a little extra to get things from someone else. Too many problems and the customer service was not what I expected from them.

Having said that I believe many people love em.
 Ben Watts 15 Jan 2011
In reply to Jimbob11:

I've never experienced anything but Excellent service whether its been mail order which it usually is or the 1 or 2 times i've been into their shop in Llanberries.
 Gazlynn 17 Jan 2011
In reply to Gazlynn:

May I just add that I spoke to V12 today who assured me that my recent order was posted the next day and looks like the Post Office have lost the package. They also added that if the package has not surfaced by the 24th they will re-send the goods.

Thanks V12 for the re-assurance.

G
 sutty 17 Jan 2011
In reply to Gazlynn:

Got my credit card bill for this month three days late but got last months week before a month late.

Asked a postie in the pub on Saturday if he knew what was going on and he said the bad weather pre christmas has got sacks of stuff not delivered yet for December.

They can only deliver about 20% more as they only get so much overtime paid so it will be end of month before things are straight.
 Gazlynn 17 Jan 2011
In reply to sutty:

I suspected so but just weird when other recent stuff I have ordered gets delivered within a couple of days. My V12 order must be sitting at the bottom of a pile of stuff or just gone astray.

cheers sutty

G
 Hat Dude 17 Jan 2011
In reply to Jimbob11:

Ordered some rock shoes last Wednesday afternoon & they arrived the next morning on Royal Mail free delivery
 nchammer 17 Jan 2011
Always had excellent service and usually next day delivery from V12 for various stuff.
OP Jimbob11 17 Jan 2011
In reply to Jimbob11:

Well i received an e mail, in fairness they have tried calling me but i suspect they have my old number. From the e mail it seems royal mail have it sitting somewhere, and i suspect i was just unlucky that everytime i rang, someone else rang them 2 seconds earlier so i kept getting the busy tone. So about to reply to them.
Anyway, they sound keen to sort it, just want to reiterate that this is in no way a discredit to them, more concerned as usually V12 and JB is where my money likes to go on a perminant holiday, i'd like to keep it that way.

Thanks all.

Jim.

gethin_allen 17 Jan 2011
In reply to Gazlynn:
The system with royal mail is that once they have missed their delivery target they can be pursued for compensation of a set amount depending on the service used/paid for. This amount of compensation doesn't change if an item is two days late of two weeks late so once something is late they will continue to deliver the stuff that has just been posted and only deliver the stuff that is late when ever they fell like it. This is silly because any late stuff is always really late.
 ERU 17 Jan 2011
> I've found V12 to be shit hot on all orders to date.

What he said. V12 were absolutely amazing when they sent my broken BD C3 cam back for free. I got a new one! Also never had any issues with both mail delivery or in the shop. We need more gear shops like this!

To be honest I suspect any problems were with the package carrier and not V12.
V12 Outdoor 17 Jan 2011
In reply to Jimbob11:
Hi Jim,

I'm sorry to hear you have been having problems getting in touch with us, we have two dedicated lines at the shop but due to large volumes of calls it seems even these have been engaged of late.

We take customer service very seriously indeed and as such is at the top of our list. I have taken a look into your order and would like to take this opportunity to explain the process further. As you have kindly stated, we have contacted you since your original post but I thought a more detailed explanation of the processes involved would be helpful in light of other posts.

With standard delivery, which you chose for your goods, delivery time is generally 2-4 working days. There is no live tracking with this method. We always give an indication in your dispatch mail to how long the wait is likely to be for your item. Once we have dispatched the goods we have to rely on the customer to let us know if they do not receive them.

On checking the E-mails for both our accounts I could only find the one mail from you which arrived with us at 20.47 on the evening of Friday 14th. The following day, Saturday we spoke to you on the phone when you called. Unfortunately Royal Mail will not start looking into a claim until 15 working days have passed and with it being a weekend the original staff member was not present to see if any additional light could be shed on the issue. When the staff member returned on Monday we tried to call you on the telephone number that is held on your account but unfortunately, probably due to a typo when you were entering it, there was a digit missing. We always prefer to talk to our customers rather than E-mail as it is important to us that we give that personal level of care we believe they deserve. Monday is always an extremely busy day for us and I am sorry to say that we did not get around to E-mailing you back to inform you of the digit missing until 17.42.

Once we have dispatched the goods, we have to rely on a third party (Royal Mail in this case) to deliver them. At this point we can do no more until we hear that the goods have not arrived, even then we have to wait for the allotted period of time to pass before we can rectify anything as Royal Mail state that goods can still be delivered up to 14 working days after postage. This has actually been over 30 days in some cases but we are able to make a claim after 15. Having said all this we dealt with 1000's of orders over the Christmas period and to date less than 0.4% of them did not turn up and that was with the incredibly inclement weather that we suffered.

I hope this has shed some light on the processes that are involved in order dispatch and what we are doing about it. Mails can occasionally be deleted or routed to SPAM by our mail filters, as maybe the case with Jim, (please could you send us a copy of these if you still have them so I can check our folders) so it is always a good idea to phone or send another mail if you have not received a reply in 24hrs. Having said all this we are human and occasionally we will make mistakes but we do all we can to make them an extremely infrequent event. I would urge anyone who has a query or problem to ring or E-mail us, we will do everything we can to assist you. Unfortunately due to engaged telephones it seems we may have fallen short of the standards we have set ourselves in this case and I apologise for this, maybe there is a case for us to get a third line!

Thank you to Jim for his original query and to all those that contributed to this post, it is always good to get feedback. Granted the good is always more satisfying than the bad but the bad gives us an opportunity to put things right and learn from any mistakes we may have made. Without customers no retail outlet would be trading, it is why we endeavour to give the best customer service we can and why we will always try to do better.

Gareth Aston
& the team at V12

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...