UKC

All quiet on the Eastern Front

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Really lovely weather yesterday, and had the whole of Birchens Edge to myself for quite a few hours. Not so good weather today but had the whole of Harborough Rocks to myself.
Did anyone else get a crag to themselves?
It took me back to the 70s!,
 Ropeboy 23 Jan 2011
In reply to paul_in_cumbria:

Yesterday was mint, sadly at work. Managed to get out last niught with the lantern and get some grit time. Oddly we had the crag to ourselves, can't think why?

J
In reply to paul_in_cumbria: Yup crag to myself all day yesterday, was lovely although never got above 2 degrees. Although in retrospect it was probably a little too cold, but great for a first day of trad this year
In reply to paul_in_cumbria: Hardly surprising but we (my partner and I) were the only climbers in Winnats Pass yesterday.

From our vantage point it looked like Stanage had a some wonderful sunshine in the afternoon, I wonder if it was busy there?
 simon mitchie 23 Jan 2011
In reply to paul_in_cumbria: Climbed Burbage North on Friday, sun shining, not a breath of wind, down to a t shirt at times but not the only one on the crag. Brilliant
In reply to paul_in_cumbria: Just got back from a couple hours soloing at Windgather, two other teams there. Pretty brutal in the wind though, and the temperature is dropping fast.
Three consecutive days of good cragging in January is pretty good value.
 GrahamD 24 Jan 2011

We seemed to have Gimmer to ourselves on Saturday and Gouter to ourselves Sunday. I think everyone one else was walking around disconsolately, wondering what to do with all the spiky ironmongery they were toting about
 PTatts 24 Jan 2011
Churnet was packed on saturday. Obviously the place to be!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...