UKC

product design hw please answer

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
michael1994 25 Jan 2011
<a href="http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8GYMSV7">Click here to take survey</a>
 33% Longer 26 Jan 2011
In reply to michael1994:

You might get some more responses if you actually put in a little background and explained what you are hoping to achieve from this survey rather than just dumping a link on here. also, i feel that your survey could be worded and set up better.
 another_mark 26 Jan 2011
In reply to michael1994:

Is this your homework or something?

For anyone else, the survey is asking about the BD Viper.
 jkarran 26 Jan 2011
In reply to michael1994:

This is a seriously lame effort, if you want help with your homework then put some effort in up front.

Introduce yourself
Introduce the work
Provide easy background links to help people understand the questions fully
Ask questions appropriate to (for?) the expertise of the group you're addressing
Thank people for their contribution

jk
 Fraser 26 Jan 2011
In reply to jkarran:

I started typing a response to the same effect, but decided against posting. But I have to agree with you on this - it's a very poor way to elicit participation!
 Darron 26 Jan 2011
In reply to michael1994:

Michael I'm a D&T (PD) teacher. I assume you are doing this survey for AS/A Level?

My advice:
Take note of the comments above from your 'cutomers'. Revisit the survey. Correct any spelling/grammar mistakes. It requires quite a bit of keyboard input and the questions are open. Could you simplify and ask closed questions with multi choice answers? Is it possible to be more focussed on what you need to find out and simplify the Q?

Having said that when my students use forums to gather user info I often get them to invite people to say what they want about a product. You don't get as many replies but often the ones you get are more useful and considered.

At any rate good luck with your work.
 antdav 26 Jan 2011
In reply to Darron:

I said no to question 1 as i dont do winter climbing so the rest of the survey seems a bit pointless. Think it may need some updating
 abbotsmike 26 Jan 2011
In reply to michael1994:
Having done A level product design, IMO the questions are too open, and won't give you quality responses. You don't want to guide the person answering the survey to any particular opinion, but give them a more concise answer to give. ie rather than 'what do you think of the ergonomics' ask 'do you feel that the axe is comfortable to hold and well balanced'

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...