UKC

The Wicker Man remake C5 10pm

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Blue Straggler 27 Jan 2011
Just saying, like..
 abr1966 27 Jan 2011
In reply to Blue Straggler: I'll have a nose at it but it can't be as good as th original...i love that film!
 staceyjg 27 Jan 2011
In reply to abr1966:

It's sh........ocking!
Paul F 27 Jan 2011
In reply to Blue Straggler:

Is it…er…. faithful to the original? and if so, who plays willow :0)

Looks like I wrote this on a similar thread a year ago:

"If you can ignore the huge elephant in the room that is the changes to the central character (and preposterous plot elements put in place to effect such changes), everything ELSE in the film is actually better than the original. The isolation of the island is more convincing and the matriarchal society is a very good premise which works better than Christopher Lee in a purple frock spreading cheesy folklore amongst the simpletons (plus there are GREAT performances from Ellen Burstyn and Molly Parker).
Obviously when the core of the film is rotten, you're left with a poor overall final result, but it is really worth watching for the sake of the good bits.

The original is a good enough little film but possibly the most over-rated film of all time. It's just a nice cult B-feature, and it's not sacred, and it's full of silliness. It's only Woodward's performance and that chilling finale that make it stick in the mind."
Paul F 27 Jan 2011
> (In reply to Blue Straggler)
>
> It's only Woodward's performance and that chilling finale that make it stick in the mind."

…and Britt left an impression on an impressionable young mind ;0)
 Niall 27 Jan 2011

The concept of replacing Lord Summerisle's character with a woman and the ensuing feminist-paganism slant was an interesting twist in the remake, but yeah, Britt sans kit wins every time.
In reply to Niall: Shoulda had more narwhals
 Micky J 27 Jan 2011
In reply to Blue Straggler: Truly the worst film ever !! And i love Nick Cage worth watching too see how much Americans can fck it up and have so little understanding of the original
Clauso 27 Jan 2011

I can't stand Alan Wicker.
 Niall 27 Jan 2011

Mofuggin HOOFS on that ChrisTOPher lEE!!!!
 Tomber 27 Jan 2011
In reply to Blue Straggler: Not the BEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!
 Dauphin 27 Jan 2011

Nic Cage used to be and actor, just sayin..

Regards

D
 Micky J 27 Jan 2011
In reply to Dauphin: Leaving Las Vegas .
In reply to Dauphin:
> (In reply to Blue Straggler)
>
> Nic Cage used to be and actor, just sayin..

He was the saving grace of Kick-Ass!
Levains_Alive 28 Jan 2011
In reply to Blue Straggler: youtube.com/watch?v=v_mW8mBzmHo&

this trailer is how i view the remake, comedy gold
 RockSteady 28 Jan 2011

I didn't see the whole of this film, but watched from the middle to the end while I was eating my post-climb dinner.

I thought it was the biggest load of cr@p I have seen in a long time. Something about the camera, the over-the-top bee sound-effects, the stilted dialogue and ham emotion from Cage combined to completely remove any feeling of tension/terror/horror from this film.

The original has some quality about it that seems at least a bit genuine and scary.

For this I just couldn't suspend my disbelief - it failed at the first hurdle. Very, very poor!
 Clarence 28 Jan 2011

I saw it when it came out and all I remember is that the original showed some familiarity with folklore and Wicca but this version seems to be written as a teenwitch fantasy. The Island of Buffy the Cop-slayer...
 Martin W 28 Jan 2011
In reply to RockSteady:

> the stilted dialogue and ham emotion from Cage

I stumbled across it by accident last night and managed to last about ten minutes before reaching for the remote. Nic Cage looked like a 21st century reincarnation of Supermarionation.

In reply to Paul F:

> …and Britt left an impression on an impressionable young mind ;0)

In the scene I assume you are referring to, the top half was Britt but the bottom was a body double.
 Euge 02 Feb 2011
> (In reply to Dauphin)
> [...]
>
> He was the saving grace of Kick-Ass!

No he wasn't... his side kick Hit Girl was...
 maresia 02 Feb 2011
In reply to Euge:

Agreed. Although it was the first film in about 10 years in which I haven't wanted to punch Cage
 Euge 02 Feb 2011
In reply to maresia:
> (In reply to Euge)
>
> Agreed. Although it was the first film in about 10 years in which I haven't wanted to punch Cage

I know what you mean... he used to be an amazing actor..
Columbia753 07 Feb 2011

The remake is totally crap. Another remake of a classic British flim like the Itailan Job. American crap just like the remake of the tv series The Prisoner.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...