UKC

climbing symposium

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dannymitch 04 Feb 2011
I have attended a few sea kayaking symposium's over the years that always seem to be very popular and was wondering why there does not seem to be any geared towards rock climbing.

This could be an informal get together with people heading off to climb
together during the day, a few stalls, workshops and courses for children and novice climbers, followed by a lecture and BBQ/Hog roast in the evening, maybe a demo by the local cliff/mountain rescue team.

Any opinions or thought's would be welcome!
 Monk 04 Feb 2011
In reply to dannymitch:

There are definitely a few things like that. On the national stage I can think of things like The BMC Duddon meet, the BMC alpine meet, Kendal Mountain Film Festival, The BMC days at places like Stanage and Southern Sandstone, The Outdoors show (or whatever it's called at the moment) Cliffhanger etc.

That's not to say that there isn't room for more though.
 staceyjg 04 Feb 2011
In reply to Monk:

Cliffhanger and Alpkits Big Shake Out is one that springs to mind. This was very good last year, and really good weather for climbing too, stayed dry all weekend.
OP dannymitch 04 Feb 2011
In reply to Monk: I was aware of the Kendal Mountain film show and the Outdoor Show however I will have a look at the other BMC meets that you have mentioned, agree that there is room for more.

Have you attended any of the meets that you have mentioned?
OP dannymitch 04 Feb 2011
In reply to dannymitch: Cheers Monk! will have a look into these.
 sutty 04 Feb 2011
In reply to dannymitch:

You mean like this, this weekend?

http://www.shaff.co.uk/
 sutty 04 Feb 2011
In reply to sutty:

Sorry, 4 March.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...