UKC

Car insurance- Ford Focus

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Hudson 14 Feb 2011
Any recommendations for car insurers for the following, or what might i expect to be paying

Ford Focus 1.6, 53 plate, fully comp for me and a named driver, both drivers mid 40's.
 Tall Clare 14 Feb 2011
In reply to Andy Hudson:

That's exactly what I've got, I'm a bit younger than you but apart from that... last time I renewed the insurance (last August) it wsa just under £400, I think. It's in a nice bit of Huddersfield, off road, in a garage (if that makes a difference)
Pennine 14 Feb 2011
In reply to Andy Hudson: Hi Andy. My 58 1.8 vectra estate cost £500 in Oct for missus and me. As you live further out from Bradford than I do you should fair better.
 Blue Straggler 14 Feb 2011
In reply to Andy Hudson:

Not specific to you or your car, but the best quote I got last week (aside from those from unestablished providers with blanket horror-story reviews) was from Vauxhall Insurance, might be worth a look at least (direct on their website gave the same result as I got via comparison sites)
 Offwidth 14 Feb 2011
In reply to Andy Hudson:

Just depends too much on where you live, garaged car or not, past history, driving offenses, etc. Use one of the comparison websites and get quotes from those not on them.
Pennine 14 Feb 2011
In reply to Andy Hudson: Ah! should have mentioned mine was through Vauxhall Insurance too.
 Toby S 14 Feb 2011
In reply to Andy Hudson:

Swift Cover seem to be very reasonable. I was looking at quotes for an Audi A4 and BMW 3 series and they were the cheapest by far for fully comp. I'm currently with Direct Line at the moment and they've always been reasonably competitive. Mind you it helps that I live in a quiet area and have off street parking.
pasbury 15 Feb 2011
In reply to Andy Hudson:

I have an older Focus but we are with Sheilas Wheels with my mrs as policy holder & me as named driver - I think we pay about £350 including rescue package. That's with protected no claims and many years no claims bonus.

Worth a look.
 EeeByGum 15 Feb 2011
In reply to Andy Hudson: I am really suprised by the sudden rash of "Can you recommend me an insurance company" threads. All insurance companies are more or less as bad as each other in terms of the level of service they offer. I had Direct Line insurance (one of the better ones allegedly) and it still took them 4 - 5 months to make a decision on an accident I had.

Just get on the comparison sites and get the cheapest deal. Just make sure it contains everything you want.
 toad 15 Feb 2011
In reply to EeeByGum:
>
> Just get on the comparison sites and get the cheapest deal. Just make sure it contains everything you want.

Just because you've ticked the box, don't assume everything you think you've asked for is in the quote. I nearly wound up with the wrong cover last time by not reading the small print 'till it was (almost) too late

CarolineMc 15 Feb 2011
In reply to Andy Hudson: I've got a 54 plate 1.8 diesel Focus. I'm with First Direct / Equity and it was about £350 last year inc protected no claims and legal cover, but with about 10 years no claims discount. That's parked on the road. Been with them for three years and noone's been close, though it's due again in April and may well have gone up this year...

C-:
 Jim Hamilton 15 Feb 2011
In reply to EeeByGum:
>>
> Just get on the comparison sites and get the cheapest deal. Just make sure it contains everything you want.

agreed. there are so many rating variables that recommendations a bit pointless.
 nickcanute 15 Feb 2011
In reply to Andy Hudson:

i've got an old focus (2001) best fully comp, protected no claims i found was £219 with Hastings direct
 ranger*goy 15 Feb 2011
In reply to nickcanute:

Mine's 2000, £250 for me and hubby, fully comp with RAC.
 Tall Clare 15 Feb 2011
In reply to the thread:

Huddersfield must be dodgy

Clean licence, nine years protected no claims... two other people with clean licences on the policy (isn't that supposed to reduce it) and it's still more than most people seem to be paying.
In reply to Andy Hudson:

Focus est. 1.6 petrol
02 plate
2 x mid 40's
Fully Comp + protected NCD

£240

With LV
 gethin_allen 15 Feb 2011
In reply to Andy Hudson:
I live in a reasonably safe area of sheffield, I'm 28 with 7 years no claims and drive a 02 plate focus 1.6.
With £250 voluntary excess on top of the mandatory excess, NCD protected and with my partner listed as a second driver (older than me with load of experience and no crashes) the cheapest insurance I could get was £630 with direct line.

Shocking I know, and that really was the best i could find after searching
OP Andy Hudson 16 Feb 2011
In reply to Pennine:
> (In reply to Andy Hudson) Ah! should have mentioned mine was through Vauxhall Insurance too.

Thanks Pennine,someone else suggested vauxhall so i tried them but they don't cover my postcode area...not impressed!!!

abbotsmike 16 Feb 2011
In reply to toad:
> (In reply to EeeByGum)
> [...]
>
> Just because you've ticked the box, don't assume everything you think you've asked for is in the quote. I nearly wound up with the wrong cover last time by not reading the small print 'till it was (almost) too late

So true, my "quote" on one popular comparison site was £750, no excess.
Went to actually buy the policy, and after correcting the various details that seemed to get changed by the comparison sites engines, and putting my total excess up to £400 (I think) I actually paid £988 this year.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...