UKC

Crag database - recent ascents

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bpmclimb 15 Feb 2011

I'd like to put in a request for a "recent ascents at this crag" feature in individual crag entries in the database.

I was just trying for the nth time to find out if there had been any recent activity at a particular crag. There's no easy way of doing this - you have to open up the more likely climbs one at a time.
 Justin T 15 Feb 2011
In reply to bpmclimb:

Would be really useful when checking conditions.
 conorcussell 15 Feb 2011
In reply to bpmclimb: This was said in December - by - Alan James - UKC on - 06 Dec 2010 - www.ukclimbing.com
In reply to Maestro:

One problem is that there are 162,000 routes in our Logbook system, and 50,000 registered users. Assembling a conditions report in a single page that will keep everyone happy is not possible so we will probably do it on a crag-by-crag basis.

We are working on something for the next set of Logbook upgrades, it will be a while though before we get round to this. For the moment though I expect all you really need is the Winter Conditions page linked to above.

Alan

So not sure when it will happen tho!
 Justin T 15 Feb 2011
In reply to conorcussell:

I think this was more about people interested in winter conditions. Simply adding most recent couple of ascents at a crag to that crag's page would be a trivial SQL query and few lines of code to display. I guess there's probably a design concern about adding clutter to crag pages though.
OP bpmclimb 15 Feb 2011
In reply to quadmyre:

Not just about conditions either.

Eg would help crag moderators/people working on databases, guidebooks, etc.
 Tom Last 15 Feb 2011
In reply to quadmyre:
> (In reply to bpmclimb)
>
> Would be really useful when checking conditions.

Was thinking the same the other day and for the same reasons, good call.
 Leo Woodfelder 15 Feb 2011
In reply to bpmclimb: Not just useful for winter. I was doing the same to see whether anyone had been at the Roaches the day before we wanted to go just to get an idea of which sections were likely to be dry.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...