UKC

Resoling...worth it?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I looked at my Anasazi whites yesterday and noticed that they seem to be pretty close to wearing through on the toe!

When should you send the shoes off to be resoled...once you've gone through the rand rubber underneath the sole aswell or before this?

Also is resoling worth it? I've heard that with toe-down boots it doesn't really work, so I should be ok with my anasazis right?

Luckily I managed to get a pair of pinks pretty much brand new in my size before xmas for about £40 so they will now become my hard boulder, trad and sport shoe.

Cheers, Dunc

P.S if anyone is selling a pair of anasazi whites in a size 5 email me
 remus Global Crag Moderator 18 Feb 2011
In reply to Duncan Campbell: I havent done it in a while, but from what i remember you're meant to send them off just before/after theyve gone through. If you let any holes get too big i think it can be quite hard for the person resoling the shoe to keep the shape of the show.

As to whether its worth it, it largely depends on how good a job the person resoling the shoe does. However, even if they do a perfect job your shoes wont be the same and generally wont be as good as a new pair.

Feet first (the chesterfield one) generally get decent reviews, along with Chesire Shoes. More info here: http://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php/topic,17127.msg303168/boardseen.htm...
 GrantB 18 Feb 2011
In reply to Duncan Campbell:

I got mine done when the edge started to go and they were as good the second time round as the first, but without the painful breaking in process. They get a bit tatty though as the build quality is not great.
FiendishMcButton 18 Feb 2011

Yeh i've got another 8 months out of my Verdis so far for half the price of a new pair. They are getting a bit baggy and manky now though but i do climb three times a week.
 grp 18 Feb 2011
In reply to Duncan Campbell: got my boreal storms done, feet first did a decent job but the shoes have streched loads (they are unlined leather) so not much good for small edges.
 ahaynes 18 Feb 2011
5-10 spires resoled 3 times so far - no problems - cheshire shoe repairs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...