UKC

Help! Fund my dreams

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Red-Beanie 22 Feb 2011
Hi, I would love to go to uni to do Outdoor Ed but as the fee's are going up and people don't have money I would somehow still want to reach my goal to get a Degree within the outdoor world.
Could anyone help me out with advice and support or even send me £1 to Paypal and I can start saving! Anything which will help me get enough money to do this dream of mine.

Every penny counts as my Mother says...
 nvalentine760 22 Feb 2011
In reply to AllAction-EnjoyOutdoors: The fee's may have gone up but if you're that hard done by the student loans company will give you enough to afford Uni, I had no help and I've managed fine, plus you'll have more time to pay it back, stop acting like a charity case.
banned profile 74 22 Feb 2011
In reply to AllAction-EnjoyOutdoors: You not heard of student loans and paying back your tuition fees after you get a job?
you could move to Africa,they seem to do everything there for £3 a month
 sutty 22 Feb 2011
In reply to AllAction-EnjoyOutdoors:

Hi, I would have loved to have taught climbing but could not go to university.

Now I am a pensioner on less than your loan, please send me as much as you can. Mail me via the website and I will be ever so grateful.

PS. Do you have any recipes for chives, daffodil shoots and nettles as they seem to be the only things growing in my garden ATM
 EeeByGum 22 Feb 2011
In reply to AllAction-EnjoyOutdoors: I appreciate your efforts, but generally speaking they say that if you want something you are going to have to work for it. You don't have to do your degree now, so why not get a job and save up that way? If you want it enough, you will get it.
 Thomaslynchuk 22 Feb 2011
In reply to AllAction-EnjoyOutdoors: I understand your meaning but it's not that hard. I'll hap ply send you one pound. Think if everyone did on here u would almost rich.

Hope it all goes well for you.
Sarah G 22 Feb 2011
You'll find plenty of gold under the bridge you crawled from under.

Sx
 Clarence 22 Feb 2011

Become a Scout leader and they will let you educate people in the outdoors for free. And you can spend the rest of your time doing a job or getting a more useful degree.

Simples <squeak!>
 Richiehill 22 Feb 2011
In reply to AllAction-EnjoyOutdoors: First of all, the fees are only going up on a select few courses and of those only people that can afford it will pay the maximum. The fee's aren't that massive either. You can easily afford to pay it off once you have a job at the end.

Secondly, I doubt that you have a 'dream' of getting a degree within the outdoor world. People that dream of going to University dream of becoming a Doctor or a Pilot, not an outdoor education degree. Not discrediting them before people start bleeting as they are worthwhile. But no-one has dreamed of it.

Thirdly, you are probably some Nigerian scam-artist and as a result hope that you never achieve any dream of yours.
 Richiehill 22 Feb 2011
In reply to AllAction-EnjoyOutdoors: On second thoughts - having read your massivley convincing profile I'll send you all of the money you need to follow your dream.

Just send me your Name, Date of Birth, Address, Mothers Maiden Name, Two forms of Identification - preferably your passport and drivers license, your bank details and your card details then I'll be happy to send you the money.
In reply to AllAction-EnjoyOutdoors: Why do you need a degree in outdoor ed. Go and get some work experience at a centre and some qualifications for free!
 Rampikino 22 Feb 2011

From the profile:

"Hi, my name is thomas. I'm 25 and I love the outdoors.
Its been my hoobie for years and just love everything about it. In the future I would love to travel to Peru and see the different views and heights."

Make your own mind up. My £1 is going to charity today (seriously)
 Niall 22 Feb 2011
In reply to Rampikino:

Don't knock it, everybody should have a hoobie.
 David Hooper 22 Feb 2011

Well done - this thread has made me smile on a dull morning.

Could you please post a photo of your hoobie (or maybe your mother holding your hoobie and smiling)and I will send a penny to your Paypal account

Thankyou.
 Enty 22 Feb 2011

No no no - everyone, this is a much more deserving charity:

http://www.justgiving.com/enty'staxbill

I need 6000 people to donate a quid

E
 Reach>Talent 22 Feb 2011
Dear AllAction-EnjoyOutdoors,

I am Mr. Dramane Yadi, I work in the Accounts/ Operations Department of a Prime banks here in Abidjan Cote D'Ivoire. I actually have an urgent and very confidential business proposal for you. I got your contact from Internet and decided to contact you immediately.

On January 10th 1994, An American Oil Consultant/ Contractor with the Societe Ivoirienne De Raffinage (SIR), Mr. George Norman Wesley, made a number time (fixed) deposits valued at US$8,750,000 (Eight Million, Seven Hundred & Fifty Thousand United States Dollars). On investigation, it was discovered that Mr. Wesley died along with his family in a plane crash. On further investigation, I discovered that Mr. George Norman Wesley did not leave a WILL and all attempts to trace his Next of Kin proved abortive. I therefore made further investigation and discovered that Mr. Wesley did not declare any Next of Kin in all his official documents, including his Bank Deposit paper work. This sum of US$8,750,000 is still floating in the Bank and the interest is being rolled over with the principal sum at the end of each year. For the past 5 to 6 years now, no one has ever come forward to claim the fund.
According to the Ivoireinne Laws, at the expiration of 7 (seven) years, the money will revert to the ownership of the Ivoireinne Government if nobody applies to claim the funds. That is what gave way to this deal.
Consequently, my proposal is that I will like you as a foreigner to stand in as the Next of Kin to Mr. George Norman Wesley so that the fruits of this old man's labour will not get into the hands of some government officials.
To facilitate the transaction therefore:

1. I would like you to provide me with a viable account details where this fund could be safely transferred into as Next of Kin of the former depositor.

2. We do not anticipate any risk/problem whatsoever, as all the loopholes has been taken care of and there is no risk involved in this deal. All the Computer work for this transaction will be done by me, including your name as the new Beneficiary of this fund.

You will be entitled to 30% of the total amount as your commission after the transaction. If you are interested and capableof handling this deal, please write. On receipt of your response, I shall then provide you with more details on how to go about it.

Please note that this is very confidential. And as I am still a staff with the bank here. I would not like to be known or mentioned as having knowledge of the deal but I will be giving you inside information on what to do.

Awaiting your urgent reply. Do not forget to include your direct telephone and fax numbers for further communication.

Faithfully Yours,

Mr. Dramane Yadi

Leo Woodfelder 22 Feb 2011
In reply to AllAction-EnjoyOutdoors: Fees don't go up till 2012! Pull your finger out and get it done, or just do it the old fashioned way and join up to activites centre and get your qualifications that way! You certainly don't need to do a degree to work in the outdoors!
KevinD 22 Feb 2011
In reply to Enty:

> I need 6000 people to donate a quid

being a private eye reader i have always wondered about the success rates of the "give me money" ads.
Seems somewhat hopeful in most cases.
Rat know-all 22 Feb 2011
Well up here on the bridge there is a strong whiff of goat, what's it like down there?
ice.solo 22 Feb 2011

consider the paras
fijibaby 22 Feb 2011
In reply to dissonance:
> (In reply to Enty)
>
> [...]
>
> being a private eye reader i have always wondered about the success rates of the "give me money" ads.
> Seems somewhat hopeful in most cases.

I've often wondered about those ads too. They don't hold back with the sums being asked for either. 50k in the current issue.
There was once someone asking for money to see if the ads worked. Don't know what happened tho.
 Co1in H 22 Feb 2011
In reply to AllAction-EnjoyOutdoors: That's you well and truly told!
It's a troll, but a good chance to let off steam.
 Fraser 22 Feb 2011
>
> Every penny counts as my Mother says...

So sell your mother.
 ChrisHolloway1 22 Feb 2011
In reply to AllAction-EnjoyOutdoors: Hmmmmmm, what have you done on grit?
Tim Chappell 22 Feb 2011

I can solve your problem. Just send me a cheque for £9000 and I'll teach you philosophy online for a year. Remember, that's cheap-- no living or travel expenses! No hall fees! No middlemen! Just your tuition, pure and simple. Gosh, aren't I altruistic?
 thin bob 22 Feb 2011
ah balls! i gave my last quid to a guy omn the marylebone road. Sounded Scottish, I think. Go ask for Rob & say i told you, you could have it. After three rounds or a submission, maybe, but still.....
 thin bob 22 Feb 2011
Yeah, don't go to peru either! there are no 'different heights' any more, the government has raised everything up with hardcore to the level of Machu Pichu. Some of the people are *slightly* lankier than others and , of course, many of the children are shorter. For a while.
 fionn 22 Feb 2011

I would like a new Land Rover.

Could everybody please send me some money so that I can buy this?

Thanks in advance. I'll post again when I need money for petrol.
 andyb211 22 Feb 2011
In reply to Reach>Talent: My GOD, you mean uncle George is DEAD!!!!!!!!!!! This is such a sad shock, please forward my inheritance asap!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...