UKC

Glen Clova

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Is there any hope of winter climbing in Glen Clova this weekend? Or even the Dubh Loch if I have to? Or should I bring rockboots or watch the rugby? Do they show sport in the Clova Inn?
 CurlyStevo 24 Feb 2011
In reply to WilliamBurnside: dubh loch and clova are a bit low to have survived the last thaw. what sort of grade / route were you after?
In reply to WilliamBurnside: Anything at all, no matter how lowly.
 CurlyStevo 24 Feb 2011
In reply to WilliamBurnside:
perhaps an easy gully line then, maybe someone whos been up recently can advise.
 Lamb 24 Feb 2011
In reply to WilliamBurnside: Billy, mates were in Dubh Loch on Sunday, chest high snow on the walk in and ice formed on Eagle Rocks. Will find out more for you and let you know.
 CurlyStevo 24 Feb 2011
In reply to Lamb:
Yeah unfortunately there has been a mega thaw since then. That said the ice may have survived on eagle rocks?
 odox 24 Feb 2011
In reply to WilliamBurnside: NUMC went on a club trip last weekend. Ended up skiing. Nothing was in nick sadly.
 John Workman 24 Feb 2011
Better take your Tiddly-Winks Billy
In reply to John Workman: It's ok, there is a barrel of beer going, and the hut is (unlike the CIC) only five mins from the road! U getting out this weekend?
 Lamb 24 Feb 2011
In reply to WilliamBurnside: 13 degrees up here in Aberdeen the day Billy, think it will be a gonner! Enjoy the rugby, pub and keg!
 MelH 25 Feb 2011

I was hoping to get to Clova this weekend but it was 13 degrees in Forfar yesterday. In saying that there is still some snow up in Clova at the moment and there is quite a bitter wind today. Who knows what the condition of it will be though.
 Jonny Tee 69 25 Feb 2011
In reply to MelH:
> (In reply to WilliamBurnside)
>
>Who knows what the condition of it will be though.

I could hazard a guess.......

F*cked.
 MelH 25 Feb 2011
In reply to Jonny Tee 69:
> (In reply to MelH)
> [...]
> >Who knows what the condition of it will be though.
>
> I could hazard a guess.......
>
> F*cked.

Aye, no point in any form of optimism.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...