UKC

MCofS seeks names for online access petition

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
The Mountaineering Council of Scotland wants YOU (or you) to sign up online for its petition backing a rewrite of the access bill.

"Hillwalkers, climbers, skiers, kayakers, cyclists & horse riders all feel cheated & angry about this unworkable & divisive draft Bill, which if enacted would destroy the activities that many people in Scotland enjoy, & which thousands of visitors to Scotland travel to take part in each year" says Mike Dales, its access and conservation officer.

There's more at the UKClimbing news page.
jenny 25 Sep 2001
In reply to Charles Arthur, UKC editor:

everyone who lives on or visits Scotland should read about these ridiculous proposals and sign the petition. Thanks for bringing it up.
 andy 25 Sep 2001
In reply to jenny: I'm sure that last time I brought this up I was told that as I don't live in Scotland I shouldn't have an opinion as it's not my parliament.
jenny 25 Sep 2001
In reply to andy:

the petition asks you to state your country, so presumably non-Scottish views will be weighted appropriately.

In an economic sense, these proposals will significantly affect the tourist industry, so it only seems right to ask tourists what they think.
 sutty 25 Sep 2001
In reply to andy: So if we have no say the rules don't apply right? What arrogant tw@ told you that then?

Looks like a mass lobby when it comes up in scottish parliament.
Stu T 26 Sep 2001
In reply to sutty: So what are you waiting for?

Stu
 sutty 26 Sep 2001
In reply to Stu T: Sent several letters against this, Glencoe project etc this year. Surprised at the no of emails that come back from different addresses all with the same copied message, Do they read what you say?
andyg 26 Sep 2001
In reply to Charles Arthur, UKC editor:

no message - just getting this back up the top..

andyg

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...