UKC

DESTINATION GUIDE: Bouldering in Ireland

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 03 Mar 2011
Dave Flanagan on Split Arete, Polldoo, Donegal, 3 kbGuidebook author David Flanagan gives us an overview of the bouldering in Ireland:

"You can climb fierce, steep, powerful problems on the dolerite boulders below the cliffs of Fair Head in Antrim. Solve technical friction problems in the huge granite boulder field in Glendalough, Wicklow. Crimp your way up blue grey limestone walls on rocky terraces above the Atlantic in Doolin, Clare. Or pull on beautiful sculpted pockets and slopers on the red sandstone of the Black Valley in the shadow of Corrán Tuathail..."

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=3393

colenn 03 Mar 2011
In reply to UKC Articles:

Received my copy of the guidebook two weeks ago and its getting well thumbed at our Wall. Well done to Dave on what is an excellent production and a real boost to bouldering in Ireland.
 Mick Ward 03 Mar 2011

Wow, great photos, Dave. It's heartening to see Irish bouldering come of age. Back in the day, I did bits and bobs in the Mournes and Glenda was obviously fantastic. Then though, it was more about big boots, mountain routes and training for the Alps. Now it can be about all of that - and far more.

Hope the guide does well. It looks a real labour of love.

Best regards,

Mick
 donie 03 Mar 2011
Really awesome effort dave.very inspiring.thanks
Donie
tcoulthard 03 Mar 2011
My copy arrived two days ago and its fantastic. Really well put together, clear, concise - fantastic. Its coffee table material for me at the moment, but dying to get over there and get on some of that fantastic looking granite. Superb job Dave.
 Dave Flanagan 04 Mar 2011
Thanks lads. Good to hear they are being enjoyed.
 Dominic Green 04 Mar 2011
In reply to Dave Flanagan:

It's a great job Dave. Fair play. Hope the bouldering meet goes well at the weekend. Can't wait to get over myself, it's been ages.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...