UKC

Bouldering Wall in Stockton / Middlesbrough?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 HappyTrundler 22 Mar 2011
Is there a facility in that area I could use? Any comments appreciated, ta...
 Mr Fuller 22 Mar 2011
In reply to HappyTrundler: Nothing of merit. When I lived in Redcar I had to travel to Newton Aycliffe, where there is a good wall with decent bouldering area and quality staff.
sm1thson 22 Mar 2011
In reply to HappyTrundler: Teesside University has climbing facilities with bouldering, Ive not been yet and Im not sure what the entry terms are (if you need membership proving competence etc).

theres outdoor manmade climbing boulders in Hartlepool here http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&... (theres even a guide book available from the information booth)

I know you said bouldering but if that was just because you visiting the area so dont have your harness and a belay partner etc then SRC college in Billingham has a wall, its only open for public adult sessions on a monday 8-10pm, but its just a case of turn up you dont need to bring a partner or any gear or membership etc.
 Sam Johnson999 01 Apr 2011
Durham Climbing Centre dude
iselliott 01 Apr 2011
In reply to HappyTrundler:
Teeside University has a wall and you would need to contact the centre to arrange for an induction, induction is a basic one - how to tie in, belay and hold a falling climber (bit useless for me as I tend to boulder more than trad these days but I suppose a good habit to be aware of) . If you dont have equipment they can lend it to you. Only reason I know is I'm in digs in Redcar and looking for somewhere myself, the site is awkward to find unless you have a sat nav and you must always have a partner or atleast someone else in there climbing as it is unmanned after 5pm but is open from 09.00 - 21.00 Mon to Fri and cost is £4.20. Ive got and induction booked for 6/4 at 18.00 if you want to double up let me know 07717864023

Cheers
 jas wood 01 Apr 2011
In reply to HappyTrundler:
Lawrence jackson school in gisborough (squash court with holds) okay for training.
Middlesbrough university wall is very good and also has a bouldering pit and changed regular.
Hartlepool boulders are outdoor concrete structures :O)
Rock antics is a drive but quite good as is sunderland.
Cmc have use of macmillan climbing wall on a thursday night and that is good but no bouldering.
Plenty of very good bouldering up on the moors also when the sun shines ! (must be 20 different bouldering venues) popular ones being scugdale,wainstones,captain cooks.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...